LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:17 pm 
Hey Guys, this is tuf-luf. Just to remind you this is the husband/wife team that was putting a 350, 292 cam bored 30 over into the 80 luv. Also want to remind you that we did not have a clue what we were doing, but with help from all of you as well as a tremendous amount of blood, sweat, tears, and cash---tuf-luv is running and on the road. We take it in tomorrow for exhaust and it will officially be ready to drive. We had to replace the brakes first thing, the old ones were wore out and would not even hold the truck at an idle :D . We knew it would be a powerful little truck but my husband got out of it after taking it for a spin and all he could say was, "Holy S**t"!
Man, what a rush it was when we turn the key and it fired up. I had goose bumps so bad it hurt. We still have a lot of misc. to do like find a new place for our heater and the body work but I gotta tell you that we are two very happy luv owners right now. I have to get my scanner worked out and I will post pictures, I took the pictures but have been too busy working on the truck to get them posted, but I will. Thanks a lot to all who helped us with this, especially you John, you went beyond the call of duty and it is appreciated. For all of you that said it would be worth it--you were sooooo right. Thanks again everybody and I am sure we will be asking more questions now that we have the engine squared away so we will be talking to you later.
P.S.
Will I ever get all this grease out of my fingernails :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:36 pm 
Addicted to LUV

SWEET.....another LUV hits the road :D

btw...where do yall find these women WILLING to work on cars/trucks? :?
my wife wont even come LOOK at a new part i put on.....just complains about how much it cost :roll:

All I need is my weed, women, and wine. -Edge City Outlaws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:39 pm 
Resident Sparktrician

I'm with you on the willing woman thing. Also, congrats Tuf-Luv team...

1990 Luv 4X4 "Family Cab"
with the big 4 banger on 31" Dueller A/Ts

1989 Dodge Raider with some junk...

"Urban Fighter F.P.C" coming soon to a road near you...:snipersmile:
got BOOBIES? 8O 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:49 pm 
Addicted to LUV

No... You'll never get the grease out from your fingernails. You'll never leave the truck alone. You all will constantly tinker with it. But that ok.

What do Water, Electricity and Humans have in common... They all travel the path of least resistance.

Post subject: women that work on cars
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:06 pm 
PITA Old Fart

Just for the record , the best helper that I have ever had in my shop with a wrench in their hand is none other than my 17 year old daughter. As a single parent for most of her young life, I found the best way to keep an eye on her and get something done, was to bring her out there with me. She has her own toolbox, creeper, coveralls, etc. I've had other kids and adults out there and they're pretty sad compared to her. I tried to encourage her to wrench for a living, but she's got her heart set on being a gourmet chef. She still comes out to help me once in a while for extra money,(yes, of course I've been paying her), and things go pretty smooth when she's around. By the way, she can cook , sew, fix her own car, fix stuff around the house, don't mind doing yard work, and likes to go fishing. When she finally settles down permanently with one guy ,boy does he owe me a big thank you and a few Tazweizers! So to all you guys out there that say women won't turn wrenches, I say you just don't know where to look.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:56 am 
Addicted to LUV

so when does she turn 18? I got a friend......LOL
just kidding.... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:22 am 
Addicted to LUV

congrats on getting the luv to run :D . it's great to see a woman really luving the luv.i wish my girl was that way

Quote:
She has her own toolbox, creeper, coveralls, etc. I've had other kids and adults out there and they're pretty sad compared to her. I tried to encourage her to wrench for a living, but she's got her heart set on being a gourmet chef. She still comes out to help me once in a while for extra money,(yes, of course I've been paying her), and things go pretty smooth when she's around. By the way, she can cook , sew, fix her own car, fix stuff around the house, don't mind doing yard work, and likes to go fishing. When she finally settles down permanently with one guy ,boy does he owe me a big thank you and a few Tazweizers!

can i move in :lol: :lol: my daughters going to be like that. she's only 15 months now but the only thing that can get her attention is food or a car :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:35 pm 
[quote="tumwatertaz"]Just for the record , the best helper that I have ever had in my shop with a wrench in their hand is none other than my 17 year old daughter. quote]

umm im 17 i can use a lil help here and there with my trucks, can u send her over to help me?

jk :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:40 pm 
PITA Old Fart

The answer to all your young guy's (whose glands seem to be working overtime) questions is simple: .....ASK HER YOURSELF..... at Cutiegirl834@hotmail.com. But beware: She has several things going for her- A.She ain't no dummy, B. She has her ole man's attitude, C. She's pretty good with her dukes and could probably wup half the boys in town(thanks to some classes I was happy to pay for), and last but not least, D. She has probably one of the orneriest S.O.B.'s that the man upstairs ever let live on this planet for backup,(in case you're confused - that would be me), not that she needs it. Other than that she's got beauty,brains, intestinal fortitude, and skills all in one package. You see I figured out a long time ago if you spend enough time with your kids where you belong when they're growing up, they actually turn out with their head screwed on straight and can step out in this big blue marble with some goals and a plan. (This would be the end of my sermon, so please pass the collection plate) Oh ,and buy the way, the icing on the cake is that she has a good union job at the local grocery store she's had for two years and a damn nice car(91 Sentra) that she bought and fixed up herself. LOL guys! Later :twisted: -TAZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:58 pm 
damn that sounds a lil too good to be true kind of thing. lol jk good job taz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:45 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

congrats on the build. my wife works on my truck with me at home and the track. she even goes to the you pull it wreaking yard and helps. i had her out there the other day in 111 degree heat they said the actuall temperature in the yard was 125. because of the metal radiating the heat she never cmplained once. i guess i`m lucky. later

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:53 pm 
PITA Old Fart

See, guys like I said - they're out there. You just have to know where to look! I've been in auto tech classes and worked with a few female techs and they could easily embarrass a few totesterone-loaded wanna-be's around this town. So my hat's off to the both of you, tuf-luv(he says bowing graciously) for a job well done! And about the grease under your fingernails - if your man don't care, then wear it with pride because you earned the right by paying your dues. Later-TAZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 5:33 am 
Addicted to LUV

cheers to raising your daughter correctly.
alot of people have problems doing that these days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:10 am 
Addicted to LUV

got any pics man :D :D