LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 10:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Quad4's
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:19 pm 
PITA Old Fart

Anyone ever seen or heard of someone running a beefed up in-line Quad4? Apparently with a few mods, they pump out way over 300 horseys. I know the motor is based on the old offy racing engines from the past. Add the fact that they are only 21 inches long and 19 inches wide, that you can buy a bellhousing that fits any tranny, that you can easily get either an electronic or a points style stand-alone ignition, and you can run multiple cars, fuel injection, or whatever the hell else you want,makes this seem like something to check out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:42 pm 
Japanese Redneck

r u talkin bout the Oldsmobuick Quad 4?

Post subject: yep
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:40 am 
PITA Old Fart

The one and only. Those darn things came stock putting out 190 horseys. A buddy of mine showed me a magazine spread done on the Quad4 and Dave Blythe's car called "the Baby Blower" (I know: nice name), and I was actually impressed. You know they didn't call them "the iron duke" for nothing. If you want to know more-let me know I've got a lot of info about the little buggers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:48 am 
Japanese Redneck

friend of mine built one up. just the basics. milled and ported head, cammed, exhaust and a shot of nitrous. his car was stock looking all the way down to the wheels and cloth interior. the exhaust note was a little different and the idle was a little choppy but that thing is still out tear-assing around LA showing up all the so-called fast imports.

Post subject: Quad4
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:46 pm 
PITA Old Fart

I've only seen a couple built in a car but for a 4-banger that only a 2.3 they are damn impressive. The only drawback I can see (if any) is that the bellhousings and other bolt-on stuff is kinda pricey. But for light, fast, and power all in one small package, I think they would be the shiznit. I think I'm gonna dig a little deeper. If anyone wants to check out what's out there in parts, go to a conpany called Mantapart or Quad4 Rods and look through their engine parts sections cause there is a lot there. I did a search on Google and came up with a ton of Do-Doo on people that are as nuts about them as we are about Luvs. Besides, what better way can you thinkk of to jerk a ricer's chain than to kick his butt and (send him crying home to his mommy) with an AMERICAN MADE 4-banger that he can't comprehend because he too damn dumb to build it. Later :twisted: -TAZ