LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:43 am 
Feel free to email or Yahoo! IM me. Thanks for the help and long live the LUV.

Last edited by wicked on Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:16 am 
Addicted to LUV

i'd say go for it. don't know for sure if the motor will fit but there isn't that many motors you cant get it with a little modifying :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:25 am 
Thanks for the confidence. Im going to try to measure it up for sure, because I dont want to have to take out the complete firewall. I can take some out, but i dont have enough sheet metal to completely redo it. Not to mention I had originally planned to drop in a 22re, so I went ahead and coated the interior of the cab with wannabe rhino liner (thanks wally world). If anyone else has thoughts, plans, suggestions, or anything else, this truck will basically be a project for whoever is willing to pitch in (friends, family, and those awsome LUV lovers out there). Have fun and keep on cruizin. :twisted:

Post subject: what you do is...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:28 am 
Japanese Redneck

mount the motor in the frame and tack all the sheet metal on around it. lol. It will fit but its an awful big job to take on for a noob. unless you are a master with a plasma cutter and mig welder.

I remember a long time ago here in Dago, there was a LUV cruising around with a 455 mid- engine. was kindof a beater but good use of an olds motor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:32 pm 
Feel the Steel

Yep, will be a lot of modding inside the engine compartment for it to fit. I seen one at a wrecking yard and the spark plugs were touching the fendewells on both sides!! 8O

RIP R.J.B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:08 am 
It well fit, but if you go automatic its iffie. A borg warner t-10 tranney is the way to go. It well bolt right up to your 455. Good ol' dirt track setup.! I would say ya would probly have to put your radiator in the bed with electric fans...and try to go with a 4 core radiator. O' yea ...you can find a borg warner t-10 in some of the 76 trans ams!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:28 am 
As it turns out, the guy had sold the engine to a friend of mine, then to me, all in the same day. :evil: . My friend got the engine (atleast he didnt get screwed) and I ended up with a $300 loss because we can't find the guy and the cops won't do anything about it. So I have a 4.3L V6 out of a Astro that I got for free because some guys left it at my work for over 2 months and we recently took possession of it (needs minor work, but hey its free and it runs). I am going to start the stripdown of the van and need to find mount conversions that will let it drop in and bolt up, I will also be having some custom work done to the running gear and will soon be starting on the custom canopy (which will flow with the contour of the cab and have a rubber crawl space from the cab to the bed). If anyone wants the 20r that is in it, come pick it up when I get the other engine in, and you can have it no charge. Also, I am selling my 1988 VW Jetta GLi for $2000. It has the 16V DOHC with a 5spd trans, full disk (new pads all around last week), Recaro interior with a little custom work started, strobes in the headlights, Eagle Alloy 15" wheels with directional tires all around (hard to find lug nuts are 12mm hex head, need to get a chuck for them from Les Schwab, should be about three bux), runs fine and will smoke the tires if you want to. For $600 extra I will include my system in it. If you have questions, feel free to email or IM me.

Last edited by wicked on Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:28 pm 
this space for rent

oh man that sucks.
The v-6 is a 4.3L and those are good motors too, it will be alot easier to swap in that luv.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:41 am 
Yeah. didn't realize I had put the wrong size. My car is still for sale, but I'm havin second thoughts. Getting it up to 165 the other day got me a lil hooked on it again. But... its gotta go if I wanna do what I want to on the LUV. I will get before and after pix of the truck an make a site when I get a scanner.
Have fun people.