LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:14 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Well now maybe it would. Are you planning to move that whole dash from the Honda to the Luv? :multi:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:58 pm 
Addicted to LUV

No, but I have seen Different dashes put in S10s- VWs aircooled and water cooled ones too. Some of them look real good. Most of it depends on how wide the dash is and the inside width of the car or truck. Steel dashes can be cut or modified fairly easy. It's the padded dashes that are a 3itch. I have thought of doing a different dash on the Luv, but that a long way down on the list of things to do and I have not found anything I think would look right yet.

I saw a Mazda Rotary Pickup and the dash looked good. Not too far from the Luv but with a tach and other gauges.
It will be a shuttle change or a big change. A Cyclone dash in different.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:52 pm 

PapaG

well I actually have two dashes that I could use if I go that route one is from a 92-95 civic and the other is from a 2000 acura integra gsr

I am not so sure on swapping dashes cuz if I do that I think it might take away from the look of the luv and make it too importish and its already going to have an import engine and trans possibly the rear diff too so i dont want to over do it.

I might just clean my dash up but I have no dash pad on it at all so I might weld up the gaps and holes I dont want and then round it out alil and remove the lip or lil ledge that goes acrossed the top of the dash and make it smooth use bondo to help and then paint it when I paint the truck or vinyl it

any idea's????

Honda's are really not bad cars at all I used to dislike imports I was a die hard muscle fan but then one day budget got low and I had to find a good gas mileage and cheap car and I bought a civic and I fell in love with them you'd be amazed on what you can do to them that is just bolt on no cutting or welding and I was amazed on how fast they are stock the red car in the pic above had a factory 1.5L engine with V-Tec and I could ruitinely do 140MPH.

lol hence why I want to put the S2K engine in well that and it revs to 9k all day and has tripple the power of the stock LUV engine

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:46 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Our LUV's were made in Japan, so they are a import with a Chevy badge.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:13 pm 

I know they are pretty much imports but they are not honda's or acura's plus as you said they carry the chevy badge so not imports in my eyes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:34 pm 
Feel the Steel

Luvrv8 wrote:
Our LUV's were made in Japan, so they are a import with a Chevy badge.

I am still in denial about our trucks being imports. :signoops :smt075

But what makes me feel better is, that Super Chevy lets LUV's into thier shows but not the 80's nova's!! 8)

Plus I have replaced most of the truck with American metal!!!

RIP R.J.B.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:34 pm 

Quote:
I am still in denial about our trucks being imports. :signoops :smt075

But what makes me feel better is, that Super Chevy lets LUV's into thier shows but not the 80's nova's!! 8)

Plus I have replaced most of the truck with American metal!!!

lol I understand but yeah I dont care where my truck was made its here now and mine plus I am kinda partial to some imports but not all I think I am going to grab my gsr dash and see how it would fit.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:14 am 
Addicted to LUV

I think the reasons to do a dash swap are you don't like a dash that you can not get a part like the dash pad and that bothers you. You want custom or different look.

Why do we have Luv trucks? They are cheap? The parts are cheap? They are easy to work on? We are really Truck Ricers at heart. They are something different, we don't want to drive the same car or trucks as every one else. A S-10 sucks. :wink: We can not afford a Corvette, Porsche 911, a Ferrari or what ever.

If most of that was true I would drive a VW air cooled car. Not that I don't have any of those. Or my VW Scirocco, or
VW golf convertible, or Syncro Vanagon. Luv trucks are my main thing right now. I will get back to the others later.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:41 pm 

I always loved the body style of the luv actually somewhere in wa there is a really nice one that I used to own.

oh guess what I saw at magic mountain in ca?

there is a ride called batman I believe and they have this whole display thing behind a fence to give the ride some flavor once your off and they have a damn luv on its side down there I was pretty shocked and even more shocked on how clean it is and the fact that it still has the engine in it but now I am in the process of trying to get ahold of the company that owns it and see if they would part with the luv lol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:37 pm 
Feel the Steel

PapaG wrote:

Why do we have Luv trucks? They are cheap? Mine wasnt when I bought mine in 82 and only being 15. The parts are cheap? What parts??? $700 for a dash. $300 for a bumper??? If you can find themThey are easy to work on? Yes!!! For the most partWe are really Truck Ricers at heart. Oh Hell no!!! :evil: They are something different, we don't want to drive the same car or trucks as every one else. Once again, not when I bought mineA S-10 sucks. :wink: I hope you were kidding on that one.We can not afford a Corvette, Porsche 911, a Ferrari or what ever. I could if I wanted too (well not a ferrari) but I dont have SMS and havent met anyone who drives one of the vehicles that thinks thier excrement is odorless!

I got one because it is the coolest mini truck ever made!! 8)

RIP R.J.B.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:23 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I was not trying to start a problem with that comment. I love my LUV trucks for nothing more then what they are. I also like looking at all of the pic's here on the site to see the many different ways people customize them or for that matter leave them stock. I think it's cool that many of us owners could afford a higher end car/truck but are plenty happy to play with these.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:33 pm 

eh dont worry about it lol I doubt anyone took offense to anything thats been said thus far and if someone has chances are they are too uptight lol not saying any of us luv fans are lol.

been busy haven't had the chance to look at hold the integra dash would fit and to be honest chances are it wont be going in my truck at all but I need something to take up my time while I play the waiting game with my engine

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:45 am 
Addicted to LUV

TiLtEd wrote:

Quote:
I got one because it is the coolest mini truck ever made!! 8)

Rice Trucker :wink:

I was just kidding about the Luv Trucks....But I am a dare to be different kind of guy.
I aways liked our Luvs. I don't know of it was because they said Chevrolet on them or what. I maybe a newbie because this is only my 2nd one. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:44 am 
Addicted to LUV

And I must be a one-celled amoeba; I only have one. :rofl:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:57 am 
Addicted to LUV

PapaG wrote:
A S-10 sucks. :wink:

Hey Papa, nothing wrong with a dime. They are after all, LUV's at heart. I am on a s10 site and as I like to remind them with my signature line, Chevy made the LUV before the S10, so 'Who's your Daddy?'

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:21 am 
Addicted to LUV

Just jerking everyones chain.. I am on a few S10 forums, not that one.... I don't have a race truck :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:06 pm 
Feel the Steel

PapaG wrote:

Rice Trucker :wink:

I know but you wont ever get me to admit it!!!! :signnoway

I knew it was all in fun anyway, just jerkin the other end of the chain! :smt062

and I think this has gotten a little.....................................

RIP R.J.B.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:14 pm 
Feel the Steel

:offtopic

RIP R.J.B.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:48 am 

sorry everyone I have been super busy dealing with my car that was supposed to be my daily driver untill my truck was done well its motor gave out on me plus they damaged my s2k engine during shipment so they have to replace it so my baby is on hold for the time being which sucks so I guess its just basic planning for the time being :evil:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:43 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Sorry about you trouble. Keep us up to date on your truck when you get cranked up on it again!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next