phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:11 pm 
PITA Old Fart

Quote:
And I must be a one-celled amoeba

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:37 am 

my car now has its engine in and just needs minor stuff like the clutch pedal assembly lol I test drove her today with a chain for the upper trans mount lol and no clutch pedal lol which obviosly means no clutch so I had to start her in gear and get her going that way but she got up and took flight quick so I should be pulling my truck in the garage any day now to try and finish the body work and prep her for primer then paint.

I need to go back through all my posts on here and see what all I have said I have done lol or maybe I will just repost later everything in a list thanks for all the enouragement

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:37 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

so any updates on this truck?

-Dustin

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:09 am 
lives at LUVTruck.com

realy curious on how thats turning out... :egeek

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:55 am 
lives at LUVTruck.com

me too, i wonder what happen0ed to the guy... obviously he was working on it... what could have happened???

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:23 pm 

ok damn I know its been months but I went through alot and didnt have the net I never got the engine but still plan to do the swap ive really just been planning on what I am going to do to my luv.
I live in ca currently but will be moving to north dakota soon and my trucks been there for months so I havent been able to do jack to it. I got my money back from the company I purchased the engine trans from so thats good. here are some of my plans

first I am looking for a company to do this but some are quite difficult to reach
I did email budbondo through his myspace and also emailed the company he works for they have some great photos on their site from builds they have done

but anywho heres a list

this list is what I emailed the company so it may be worded diff

Id like to shave the door handles and locks(they are already welded up with bondo on but im not a good welder lol)
I want to have a 2000-03 honda s2000 engine/tranny installed
I would like the s2000 IRS setup on my truck.I need to be able to have enough room to place a speaker box in the bed to do a cut cab setup for the box.i want you guys to do the cut throught but I'll be doing the system myself
Id like the truck bagged and body dropped and sorry for my ignorance but I dont know which one doesnt take away head room on the body drop but that one
I think if its possible having the front disk brakes from the s2000 also on my truck. right now it has a 01 integra type r brake booster and slave cylinder installed but its dented alil to make it fit cuz of the steering shaft maybe you could fix that
Id like the bed seems smoothed up
tailgate is welded up but not complete once again I suck at welding
frenched in license plate in the tailgate
rear roll pan
i want the sides of the bed in front of the wheels brought level with the cab and behind the tire brought lower some but not quite as low so it still looks factory just doesnt have that gap when dropped
has some floor pan rust Id like that fix and some small dents here and there
id like the front frame not visible below that piece thats between the fenders
id also like that piece welded and smoothed to the fenders
trying to figure out of Id like the factory side markers shaved and 92-95 civic jdm side markers added instead but not sure
right now I have 94-01 integra front seat belts installed id like them to remain in there and it also has 94-01 integra gsr bucket seats installed id like them installed alot better and the driver one replaced and bothe seats along with the door panels wrapped in black suede along with the head liner
electric windows installed
alarm with motion sensor back up battery siren and window setup
maybe caddy tail lights
id like all the body work done and it primed and painted right now its pretty much bare metal with rattle can primer over it
id like the front and rear wheel to stick out the exact same amount i hate how the front wheels stick out further than the rear
I want the dash redone some how because it has no dash pad and chances r you wont find a complete one
I also want a dakota digital digital gauge assembly installed
I want dual exhaust coming out of the rear roll pan and to go with the engine I want apexi n1's for that
I also want to have speakers added to the doors i think 5.25" would be perfect for that and the set I want is a component set so the tweeter would need a place on the door also
I want two red top optima batteries in the truck too one on each side of the speaker box in the bed
the sub box is gonna be this http://www.rtboxes.com/gz-series-gz755-10/
the speaker is going to be http://reaudio.com/specs.html#sp_sxx 10" mt sub
the sub amp is either going to be http://www.usamps.com/md_amps.html the d2 i beliebe or a jl 1000/1
the mid/high amp is going to be a 500/2 amp
gonna have the truck cab dynamatted
I dont want to put anything bigger than 17's at least in the front thinking maybe maybe 18's in the rear
oh yeah id also like the top of the bed to be boxed so you can not stick your fingers under the lip
there is more but I am drawing a blank
sorry for the wait hopefully within the next month I will have it at a shop and the build will have been started

oh not sure if this has been said in any of my previous posts but it has integra seat belts which are almost a 100% bolt in affair very nice to have a retractable seatbelt in the luv and it has 99 acura integra gsr bucket seats very confortable and nice design for stock and pretty cheap

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:28 pm 

oh yeah the reason i am concidering the jdm side markers is cuz of the size difference and the shape and how bright they get they are pretty decent looking.

I also want bi-xenon hid lights

and a tonue(or how ever you spell it) cover for the bed that tilts up with a push of a button.
the stereo wiring is going to be 1/0 gauge amp wire also

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/v ... =1314c0s2g

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:24 pm 

[quote="Savageluv"]ok heres the deal I have a 75 chevy luv and I want to do something original for a engine swap.
so what I was wondering is if anyone (I know I will tick off or atleast annoy a few of you but hey) has seen or done a swap from lets say a nissan or honda engine into thier/your luv?

IF YOU SWAP ANY JAP. MOTER INTO A LUV IT NEEDS TO BE AN RX7 MOTER AND IT SHOULD BE A 3rd GEN. RX7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:47 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Dustinicus wrote:
(cough)(cough) DODGE (cough)(cough) AMERICAN (cough)(cough) excuse me....

rodeo bob is right your gonna have to go another route unless you find soem kind of tranny that also spins wrong and is rear wheel drive but i dont think that honda makes rwd vehicles, but mabye 1 or 2 rigs, if you really wanna be different then get a couple briggs and stratton motors weld like 6 together and get yourself a machined crankshaft, cam, and head that you can run on it and get back to us.. NOW THAT WOULD BE DIFFERENT! :ebiggrin j/k

-Dustin

No, that would be AWESOME!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:30 am 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

very very cool man! way to think outside the box!

A.j.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:27 pm 

Ok so I know its been forever since I posted on here but I got into some hard times and had/have to start over from scratch with just my truck now but gonna be buying a new f20c engine/trans/harness/jdm ecu(no immobilizer) here in the next couple weeks along with getting my truck to az which is where I moved too