LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 2:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:29 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

As far as the small block goes if you use the rocket block you can go as big as 496 in a small block. there was one of these on racingjunk.com for sale. we at our shop have done several 434 small blocks and did one 467 14* for a guy too. the 14* heads flow so much they will really turn up. like 8500 to 9000 rpms. that one made 836 hp on the engine dyno. the 434's make in the area of 750 to 770 hp. they were 18* heads ... we did do one 434 for a guy and used 23* heads and it made like 698 hp so the heads and cam are where the power is at ....

GOTTA GET A NEW LUV!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:48 am 
so what your saying is if im looking for power i might not want to grab the most cubes i can but rather think over other parts of the engine?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:33 am 
OG Lifer

There is no substitute for cubic inches.

WATCH YOUR PIEHOLE!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:41 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

There is no economical replacement for displacement!! The key word is economical. When you go all out on a smaller engine you sometimes lose the drivability of a milder bigger engine. Also rpm's take thier toll. If you are twisting the ears off of a smaller engine it probably will have a shorter life span than a bigger engine making power at a lower peak RPM.

It is all a give and take. But play with the computer and get a dyno and a drag strip program,build some engines and run them in the dragstrip to get some ideas. Notice the rpm's that the engine are making peak power and think about it before you spend hundereds of bucks and end up wanting to change to something else.

Remember when I posted about the weight of my truck my neighbor had a mustang 80's 302 Trick Flow heads,this car was faster than my truck but not very drivable. He has since sold it and went to something more streetable. My truck gets shifted at around 6500 and he had the shift light glowing like a Christmas tree light at about 8000.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:21 pm 
my friend and I just finished combining our junk. I had a good 80 luv body, no engine, he had a 72 Eldorado :twisted: with a see- through frame :lol: (northern car).
the 500 ci powerplant runs like a charm after 5 years of sitting outside 8O . We put a 3" lift on the suspension and mounted the block pretty low, so we wouldn't have to worry about cutting up the hood (bad previous experience) The only thing is that it's front wheel drive. I can do some serious wheelies in reverse 8) !