LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sat Jun 22, 2024 4:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Varmit Poo Tang
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:42 am 
Addicted to LUV

My wife bought a set of those shorty headers for my LUV. (24th anniversary present to me and all I did was take her out for supper :oops: :oops: ) Well they are nice, but, as I have built V8 LUV's before, I set up my motor mounts like I normally did for those old kit headers and when I tried to fit these, AAARRRGGGHHHH. They won't fit as they pass right where the LUV's motor mount towers are. Now I have to cut away all of the motor mount work I did and re-work them. So for others out there planning on doing a conversion, get all of the parts FIRST, then fit the engine in the truck. At least I didn't wreck my quarter scale R/C truck in the race this weekend! :D

Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:43 pm 
SOOO...if ya did'nt reck the r/c what place did ya get???....Ps....sometimes more work is rewarding!!

Post subject: R/C
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:45 am 
Addicted to LUV

Displaying my expertise driving skills and keen eye to avoid other accidents, I was able to weave in and out of the traffic as we all zipped around the track at lightening quick speeds. :wink: Finally, the white flag comes out and I can see victory ahead as on the next lap the CHECKERED flag is waived. :P :P :P Of course in the heat of the race I was concentrating on my truck so much I wasn't aware that I was lapped and came in LAST place instaed of first! :( :( :( Oh well, we all got a good laugh out of it and I had mega fun as this was my first race and they told me I would get all wrapped up in driving. Out of 10 trucks, I was one out of four that didn't get in a wreck or shed parts during the 100 lap race. Not bad for my first time out. First place got a trophy four feet tall, second got one 2.5 feet tall and third got one a foot tall. Money was also given, but I don't know how much. I came away with not having to replace any parts on my truck so I count that as a victory. They better watch out next year as this Louisiana Coonass will be back....
Rick

1980 Stepside LUV (Again)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:53 pm 
i think i need to school u a lil in rc

Post subject: schooling
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:09 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I've been flying R/C aircraft for 30 years. I just need to learn how to count. Guess with the things on the ground going in little circles confuses my single good brain cell!!! What kind of car dou you drive?
Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:04 pm 
i used to race not anymore too much money. i used to be sponsered by http://www.crazynutracing.com and cycloneRC (dont know tha page) i used to have all kinds of cars. my race cars where my Tmaxx, rc10 gt, Mugen MST1, Mugen XR, Kyosho Kanai I, and i had modified a HPI Nitro MT for my track. i only did offroad i had a bunch of other cars but they where just messaround cars. what do u have?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:17 pm 
this space for rent

i had a buddy who raced a small gas powered truck off road. That thing was sweet. I kinda whant to do that stuff but dont have any cash...

Post subject: R/C
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:30 pm 
Addicted to LUV

It took me a while and selling one of my R/C airplanes to get the money together. Then I bought a used one that some guy kept wrecking. He said it was a piece of s&^t. After I got it, a friend of mine helped me strip it down and rebuild it. We had to swap the shocks around and none of the tires were in the right location. Once it was re-assembled it ran great. Needles to say, that guy is even more ticked off now!!!! Just keep looking and saving.
Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:26 pm 
u still didnt say what it was. :roll:

Post subject: Truck
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:06 am 
Addicted to LUV

See! My single functioning brain cell can't type and think at the same time. I have a WCM chassis, Zenoah .23, with a truck body. I really enjoy it so far. Trying to get everything to work together to make the truck handle right along with my driving style can be quite interesting. I've only had the truck for four weeks now, but the one race I was in (novice class) was more fun than I have had with my airplanes in a really long time. Can't wait for next season to travel to some surrounding tracks and create havoc!!!!
Rick