LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 3:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 4.3L/700R4 Swap
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 10:42 pm 
Addicted to LUV

If there is anyone out there performing this swap, I could sure use hints, tips, tricks and info on this swap. I'm going to be using a '93 TBI 4.3L from a full size Chevy truck (free from a bud) mated to a rebuilt 700R4 ($250) into a 1980 model. Specifically, I am looking for wiring/computer info, but any and all info would be appreciated. Drop me a line at roadshowbob@sbcglobal.net or PM me.

Post subject: 4.3 swap
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 8:32 pm 

I am doing the same thing with an 86 4.3 w/TBI. From what I understand you will need to remove the harness from the donor vehicle and install it into the Luv with the motor. If you do not have to worry about smog. scrap the TBI and put an intake and carb on it and smoke the tires. :D :D

Post subject: Hopefully
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 12:55 am 
Addicted to LUV

Yeah, I am hoping to score the harness from the donor truck, but I think he might keep it. Otherwise, it might get a bit pricey... Keep me posted on your swap. I can't start my swap until next spring..as for the induction, I have to be concerned with smog so I will be keeping the TBI and all the other crap to keep it legal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 9:27 pm 
Hmm.. Doh.. I was just up at NAS Lemoore visiting my little brother's family (he is deployed on the Nimtz).. you got urs on base? Took my little Tracker on that off-road course you got up there, was pretty sweet... I may be back up there some time next month might be kewl to check out your ride.. Mine wont be Cali street legal, so I cant bring mine.. hehe... Laterz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 10:22 pm 
Addicted to LUV

4X4 mine is parked off base for now. Wasn't safe to drive it since everything in and under it is worn out. it's got 200,000 + on it and been totalled out once for front end dameage to the frame. But if ya come back up maybe we'll hook up and talk smack about some luv.. he he. So what squadron is your little bro in?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:30 am 
I forget... too many to keep up with.. I can hardly remeber all the commands i was with in the Marines.. hehe.. He was with the F-18 Trainer Squadron... Just got deployed with the USS Nimtz when she shiped out a few months ago... nto due back until the fall... got hate those deployments.. never sure when your coming home.. Laterz