LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: valve covers
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:47 pm 
I have a 1976 luv, with a 1956 283 cu. in. corvette engine. I have roller rockers instead of stock rockers which causes the rockers to "tap" ordinary valve covers. Trying to find a set of high profile, stagger holed, aluminum valve covers. The newest valve covers from Edelbrock, Morosso,& Mickey Thompson will not match with the staggered bolt holes on my 56' heads. Does anyone have any idea where I can locate a set of valve covers to fit this conglomerate that I call "The Little Green Lizard"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 8:31 am 
lives at LUVTruck.com

B&B makes spacers and are available in jegs but I can't see if they have the extra holes needed. You may check there website and see if you can get a better picture. I bought a set of these spacers so I can run a set of old M/T valve covers I have had forever but they won't clear my roller rockers.

Also try some corvette magazines and look in the back. Some one probably does make a set but I wouldn't swer to it. I goes back to the price and demand. Demand will be low and that makes price high.

And last but not least consider that aluminum is easy to work with you may want to either have a set made or buy the regular set and have them modified. Any good welder could build them up or add material and any good machinest could get the final job done.
But it will not be cheap!

Just remember Small block CHEVY'S ARE NOT all the same !!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 6:38 pm 
1- 800-345-4545

jegs #. ask for a tech if nothing pans out for you. I dont know if they will be able to help, but thats the #.

g

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 8:31 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

have you tried running the real thick cover gaskets the ones i just saw at the store were about twice as thick as the stockers. those might buy you enuf clearance. later terry :twisted: