LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 10:57 pm 
Hi guys!

I'm a seventeen year old guy who was expecting to get a camaro or mustang for my first car, but instead my dad showed up one day with a 1981 LUV 4X4 that looked like it had been through hell and back. He got it for 400 bucks. I disregarded it as a piece of s***. The engine was damaged and the interior and exterior needed some small repairs. Of course I hated it, but I had no other choice but to fix it because my parents refused to buy me anything remotely new. The stock engine was rebuilt completely stock and it has since become my daily driver. Like most of you guys I have become utterly fascinated with "the LUV". I now have my heart set on a totally awesome LUV project. I want a bigger engine and a lifted suspension so I can tear up the countryside where I live. I don't know much about engines or suspensions, so any and all information is welcome. Replies will be read ASAP and any questions you all might have will be answered. Thanks a lot guys. I hope to be hearing from you guys soon.

P.S. I hope to get some pictures on the website soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 12:26 am 
i was in the same situation as you.but over the time i've had her i couldn't love her anymore.you can do actually alot to a truck without knowing alot.you can get little things like a exhaust,filters,headers,or a new bolt on carb.don't give up on your truck.just do what you like.check mine out.the 1st picture is mine about 2 years ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 12:29 am 
Addicted to LUV

i think i need to stop smokin so much!!! :oops:
my first car was actually a mustang :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:56 am 
Addicted to LUV

one quick mod that wouldn't cost very much and would give you some ground clearance is to crank on the torsion bars to raise the front and then put some longer shackles on the back. you should be able to find shackles for under $20. you could prolly raise it like 1-2".......
just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 12:36 pm 
Hey Guys,
I have had my LUV since I was 15. It use to be a camo flat bed 4 cyl that ran on propane. When I was able to get a good job, out came the 4 cyl. and in went the Buick V-6. I am now 32 and still have the beast. Dont give up on it, and remember, think different! I know that a small block is cheap and easy, but the ooos and ahahahs of somthing different really makes the difference.
Later Tad K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 6:43 pm 
hey flowtown- welcome!

Sounds like they should have got you what you originally wanted. cause now your going to be consumed by your LUV, and beef it up into a monster that they will learn to fear the very sight of! :twisted: forget the 'stang, how much havoc can you wreak in you love.. lets see! 8)

g

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 3:01 am 
Addicted to LUV

first welcome :D
second, something i didnt even think about till now (amazing the stuff that springs in your mind at 4am :lol: ) ACCEL makes a k&n style filter that will fit in the 1.8 air filter housing. they are cheaper thatn k&n and you can get them at autozone, just take your old filter in and match it up b/c they dont have a application guide.
i had one on my 1.8 and it seemed to work really well. i still have it in the garage. ill staple a note to my forehead to remind myself to mesaure the dimensions for ya

All I need is my weed, women, and wine. -Edge City Outlaws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:02 am 
Addicted to LUV

here ya go

its 9 3/4" OD and 2 3/4" high,

All I need is my weed, women, and wine. -Edge City Outlaws