LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 12:49 pm 
Hey guys,
OK its 3:30a.m. I'm on my way to work, Pull away from a stop sign, nice and easy so as not to wake anyone up at this ungodly hour, shift into 2nd let out the clutch and nothing! now I'm rolling down the street, 1st nothing 2nd nothing 3rd........still works! come to another stop sign put it in 4LO ( thank god for transfer cases) and limp to work, It wasn't pretty or quiet but I made it. OK so I think I lost a shifter fork, Confirm/deny? and if so has anyone torn into one of these tranny's before? What can I expect?(other than a pain in my ass!) I have a spare tranny but it's from a 77 2wd I'm pretty sure the forks will work but what about just putting the transfer case on the spare tranny does anyone know if they will interchange? I'm on my way to the shop to pour through my manuals but we all know how far that will really get me :x Any, help advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance :lol:

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 5:40 pm 
well, im replying so that you wont think noone has read your post.

bummer, man. been 2 days. did you get it fixed? :?

LMK.

g

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 9:28 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

i`ll confirm its the fork my 81 4x4 did that i hit a bump in the road and started losing gears anyway. to my surprise the shift forks in these trucks are aluminum couldn`t believe it when the tranny shop told me that. it took 265,000 miles to wear it out though. my complete tranny was a loss i just bought a wrecking yard one and sold the truck a year later. if i remember correctly the transfer case mounts to the side of the trans so you wont be able to put it on the 2 wheel trans but i could be wrong its been awhile since i looked at one. later terry
:twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:00 pm 
Hey guy's,
Well when it rains it pours. I went to go and put my truck in my buddys/my shop and the open spot is now filled with his dads truck(Putting in a cam). Fine I'll do it outside monday. Monday morning I wake up with the flu or something and laying on cold concrete under a truck is not what springs to mind on getting better. And now on the way over to get gas the damn things stuck in first no matter where the stick is, now I have to go back to work tonight and will have no time/energy to fix it. But I will keep you guys posted. and thanx for the response.

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:56 pm 
this space for rent

I would almsot say put in the 2wd tranny and then put your 4wd tranny in for repaiars. Thats what i would do anyway. :(