LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 3:43 pm 
Hey guys, new to the forum here. I was looking through all of the posts regarding swaps and something occured to me. Some of you guys really know your swaps. The problem is that all the info is scattered, so I apologize a million times if my question is a blatent repeat of one asked and answered at an earlier date. What I want to know are a few very specific things:
1) Does Advance Adapters still make a kit for ANY engine swap for the LUV?
2) Is it possible to drop in a buick 231 V6 with a trans into a 79 4x4 WITHOUT changing any of the rest of the drivetrain?
3) Where can I get power steering for my LUV? A trooper? What year? Is it bolt up?

If you guys can answer those questions for me I would be forever grateful. Thank you!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 5:43 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I know one thing...

Advance Adapters is not your friend. They don't make any adapters anymore for the LUV. :x

Also, check out the information section of the website. There's a really good article on a plain small block chevy swap on a budget. It'll probably be cheaper in the long run to go with a 305 or 350 than a v6. Hooker Headers makes motor mounts and headers specifically for a LUV with a v8 conversion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 9:35 pm 
Feel the Steel

The only advice I would like to offer is like drummer said, if you are going to swap motors, you might as well go with a V-8. In the long run, it is worth it, I regret going with the V-6, it was a little easier than an 8 but not much. I use to think my truck was somewhat fast but my stock 4.3 S10 SS smokes it. I will be going 350 next time and it ended up being a very expensive mistake as once you put a bigger motor in, you always have the urge for MORE POWER!!!!

RIP R.J.B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 1:38 pm 
my 2 cents- go with the v8. I looked into the v6 thing and most things are more expensive.

In the back of most chevy magazines is and ad for a pre fabbed 350 motor mount that is almost a U shaped piece of square iron, about 18- 24 +- inches acrossed, it goes under the oil pan and has the two bolt through mounts. I mounted the thing to my block, cut the lengths off the two sides to fit snug between the frame, leveled it off,and welded it into place. Batta bing, botta bang. it was about $75. You have to cut the bottom out after its welded in place, otherwise I think it interferes with some steering stuff. for the tranny mount, any stock steel supplier will have thick angle iron, like 3/8" thick. I have a piece of that welded to the crossmember, and drilled two appropriate holes for the tranny mounts. it was less than $5.

g

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 7:13 am 
Addicted to LUV

he's got a 4X4 guys.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 5:35 pm 
ohhhhhhhh............ :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 7:36 pm 
Addicted to LUV

i think this guy has done THE best 4x4 swap http://www.luvtruck.com/Gallery/Spacema ... index.html

dude if you read this, THAT IS A BADASS TRUCK :!: 8O :D

All I need is my weed, women, and wine. -Edge City Outlaws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 10:10 am 
NICE WORK, MAN. I would love to see some more detailed pics of the underside, engine compartment, and such. i cant talk, though, at least HE has pics of his rig posted! Mine are coming soon. 8)