LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 9:43 pm 
first of all it blowed the spark plug out and blowed a hole in the head gasket on number one and two cylinder but the spark plug that got blowed out had a heater core on it . that is where the peices come from to begin with .so we put a new head gasket on but it is not running right i think there is some of that spark plug still in there I need help getting it out .what do i need to do because something is still hitting the spark plugs .how would i clean it out good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 12:01 am 
Addicted to LUV

Quote:
but the spark plug that got blowed out had a heater core on it
There's a heater core on the spark plugs? For cold weather?

I'm not quite understanding the whole story here, but if I understand correctly it sounds like your going to have to pull the head off at the least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 12:53 am 
Addicted to LUV

heater core? do you mean heli-coil?

What do Water, Electricity and Humans have in common... They all travel the path of least resistance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 3:10 am 
Addicted to LUV

Ahhh, heli-coil, that would make more sense.

If it's the wire heli-coil type, then you might be able to grab it with a pair of needle nose pliers and unwind it out of the hole. Try to grab the end of it and twist towards the center. Then try and pull it out of the whole. It should unwind and come out in a long curley-q. Once you get it all out you'll have to install another heli-coil.

If you can't grab it with pliers then you might have to drill it out. Using a drill will make lot's of little shavings that will go down the hole and into the cylinder. This will probably severly shorten the life of the engine. Drilling it is also kinda scary since it will probably catch the drill bit, try to rip the drill out of your hand, and make the hole about twice as big as it should be.

The reality is that you should take the head off no matter which way you go. If you can't repair the hole yourself then take the head to a shop and they can fix it for you. They shouldn't charge you too much. We fixed stuff like that all the time at the place I used to work at. If you can't pull it out with pliers then I would take it to a shop. They can bolt it down on a mill and drill it out it with minimal damage to the hole.