LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 7:57 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

i have the stock 1.8 and i have been haveing trouble with the carb. my dad and i rebuilt it hoping that would fix it but the only time get gas to the motor is when i am pumping the pettle and even then it will die after a few seconds other wise when i start it, it will start and then it dies right after that. when i took it apart i found that the powerpiston assy. was gone. so i took apart the 1 from my 80 (which doesn't run real well right now) and found it was missing out of that one two. what does it do? and did n e of them actually come in the carb.and if its suppose to be in there is that my problem. also if n e one has the c.a.r.b. number for a cali header for this motor can i get it from u cause i cant get i t smoged with out it. the guy told me if i just get the number it will work for him. so n e thing u might know about either one of these would help me greatly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 8:43 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I had a problem a while back with the needle and seat sticking. The truck would start right up, and if you gassed it, it would run, but it wouldn't idle for anything.

Try that, and if all else fails, get a weber! :lol:
Hope it helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 8:54 pm 
Hey Luvman,

I just had that same problem happen to he on a 305.
I t would run as long as I kept pumpung the peddal and forcing fuel in via the accelerator pump. It turned out to be a huge vaccuum leak from the carb gasket not sealing up correctly. I put the right gasket on and RRRUUUMMMM! Purrs like a kitten.

Giles5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 11:11 pm 
2 possibilities if the carb has an electric cut off check it I have had them work when first switched on and stop almost imediately . If the eng runs when you pump , even though no power piston you may be creating enough vacum for the secondary curcuit to open and feed fuel
lastly check any ball check valves I have found that they can stick especially if there is a wieght [brass rod on top ] you can help by polishing rod and hole in carb body

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 11:14 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

how much do u think i could get for my carb if i were to get it working cause i am thinking about going with a weber but i don't have the money so if i could sell this one to have some money to put towards the weber.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:56 am 
Addicted to LUV

There's a new carb for the LUV that makes the rounds on ebay pretty often. It's going for 159.00 buy it now. I don't know how much a used one would go for though.