LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 4 3/4 lug pattern
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 11:19 am 
There are a few posyings about redrilling hubs for 5 lug but no one gives a bolt pattern.has anyone had there hubs drilled for 4 3/4 bolt pattern or does anyone know if six lug hubs can be drilled to that size?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 1:53 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Yes! I've had my front hubs redrilled to a 4.75-5 lug pattern. I have 14" rims on my truck and i was trying to find rims to match the progressive rims on the rear but finding a 14" anything was a problem. So i finally found some 14" slotted rims with a 4.75 pattern. I sent the hubs and disks to Moser engineering. They did an ok job .There slightly off because the lug nuts are hard to remove and install but there's no imbalance that i can feel on the hwy. The cost total was about 125.00(that includes shipping)

What do Water, Electricity and Humans have in common... They all travel the path of least resistance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 12:20 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

I just sent my hubs and rotors to moser to be redrilled to 5 lug, but all I told them was to do a 5 bolt chevy pattern....I'm curious what size pattern is best ?...I can still call them and change it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 2:14 am 
Addicted to LUV

Yes! In fact, i had to call them to change the pattern before they worked on my hubs. I was going to go with a 4.50 pattern because i wanted to match the rear axle(ford 9") The guy that sold me the rims said they were 4.50 but i checked them on the rear end and they didn't fit. So i took the rims to Goodyear and they told me they were a 4.75 pattern. I called and made the correction. As for a best pattern i dont think it matters because the studs will go thru the disk also. The pattern can be just about anything you want. I would have liked to have a 4.50 setup all around the truck but i didn't have much choice after finally finding a set of 14" rims

What do Water, Electricity and Humans have in common... They all travel the path of least resistance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 7:11 am 
Addicted to LUV

I will be selling my luv drilled rotors soon. (drilled to 5 on 4 3/4")

I have vega crossdrilled rotors going on mine.
:-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 4:00 pm 
luv4me - how soon is soon, and how much do you want for them? Are the rotors in good shape? John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 4:06 pm 
Also, are you selling the hubs too, or just the rotors?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 4:52 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

whats involved with putting the vega rotors on...do they have to be modified or do they bolt up ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 6:18 am 
Addicted to LUV

hey old man soon might be next week. I have jack stands and if I take them off the truck can sit on the jack stands til I get bearings for the vega rotors.
I have no clue how much to ask for the rotors. why don't I take them off and get them turned (to see how much life is left) I don't think I have ever turned them. and I can get back with you.

bob....I met someone a long time ago that had vega rotors on his luv and he said all you have to do is match the bearing O.D. with the rotor and the I.D with the spindle. when I get the luv rotors off I will take the bearing with me and rotor and go to a bearing supply and match it all up. I told some people that I would do this, but I haven't had a chance to do it. I wanted to finish the electrical first. Now that it is finished I can do it.

When I find out what bearing # to use I will post it so everyone will be able to use vega rotors if they want to.

Post subject: vega rotors
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 11:55 am 
What is the advantage of vega rotors ??5 bolt ?? bigger ??? Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:14 am 
Addicted to LUV

well the advantage that I know of is that you can drill them to 5 lug without putting a spacerplate on the hub. they are also the same diameter as a luv rotor.

I have purchased crossdrilled rotors for mine, because regular rotors for a vega cost just about as much as the crossdrilled ones.

NEWSFLASH! STRAIGHT OFF THE PRESSES!
I will be taking my rotors and old bearings to the bearing store today! I will post what bearing numbers will be used for a vega rotor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 1:38 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

I got my rotors back from moser last week and i was putting them on last night and when i threaded the studs in they hit the caliper. so i backed the studs out so that they were only threaded into the hub. btw they drilled and tapped the holes all the way through the rotor. Just wondering if anybody else had this problem or should i grind on the caliper a little bit for clearance ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 1:55 pm 
Addicted to LUV

the bolts should be ground down quite a bit not to hit the caliper.
I had the same problem when I got mine and had to take them back so the guy could grind them down.
if they are allen head you might want to go with hex head. I think the bolts were ground down significantly.
hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 3:51 am 
Addicted to LUV

Mine are 5 lug/ 4.75 pattern and i went the opposite way. I took about .010 off of the caliper mount. The mounts looked pretty solid so i dont think they're going to cause any problem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 1:26 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

Yeah...I haven't messed with it yet, but the caliper looked pretty thick so i was gonna grind a little off of it as well. thanks for help