LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 8:21 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I'VE BEEN WONDERING FOR A WHILE.THE 1ST AND LAST TIME I TOOK HER TO THE SHOP.I WENT TO GET THE ALIGHNMENT DONE AND I SAT AROUND FOR A HOUR OR 2 AND IT STILL WASN'T IN THE SHOP.SO I DECIDED TO GO ACROSS THE STREET TO BLOCKBUSTER AND WAS GONE FOR ABOUT 20 MINUTES.WHEN I CAME BACK THE GUY CAME OUT AND TOLD ME I HAD SOME PROBLEMS.HE READ DOWN A LISTS AS A SHOOK MY HEAD(I KNEW HE WAS BULLSH*TTING ME).HE SAID PRETTY MUCH I NEEDED A NEW FRONT END.ONE THING HE TOLD ME IS I NEEDED NEW BEARINGS IN MY HUBS(I REPACKED AND CLEANED THEM A WEEK BEFORE).IF HE WAS DOING MY ALIGHNMENT WHY WERE MY HUBS TAKEN APART??AFTER HIM TRYING TO TALK ME INTO COMING BACK THE NEXT MORNING TO GET THE PROBLEMS FIXED.I PRETTY MUCH TOLD HIM TO GO SCREW HIMSELF AND LEFT.ABOUT A WEEK LATER I WAS GETTING SOME BAD GRINDING OUT MY HUBS SO I TOOK THEM APART.THE A** GOT INTO MY HUBS A TOOK ALL THE GREASE OUT OF THEM :2gunfire: THAT WILL BE THE LAST TIME I WILL TAKE ANY OF MY CARS TO A SHOP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 1:35 am 
Addicted to LUV

Had kinda the same thing happen to me once.

I took my truck to a little shop that was advertising a sale on alignments. The tech nosed around under my truck for about 10 minutes with a flashlight and finally claimed that he couldn't do the alignment unless I replaced the lower a-arm bushings. Of course, he could do it for me for $150.

I asked to see what he was talking about and he said, "well, you won't really be able to see it but I can tell they are bad". I was like, uh, ya, OK, how about I come back later when I have the money.

I never did go back. A place down the street aligned it for me and even told me that my bushings were fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 3:01 pm 

Many shops advertise "specials" like that to get you in so they can do some"fishing" for extra work. You just have to be wary of shops that do this, and if you know better, have them put it back together and go somewhere else. They will be out the money for the shop time. Never sign a work order that doesnt have either a 0 in the amount space, or the actual cost of the work you want done.