LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:49 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

Was driving home the other day from work and ugh, engine dies. Looked it over and checked the timing and dwell. They seemed right but there was a bit of a miss showing up in the inductive timing flashes. For whatever reason, I got to thinking it must be fuel....called a buddy to tow me home. At home opened the carb at the float window and I messed with the wiring bundles and the dizzy connections. Put it all together and it ran fine! Didn't know what I did but it worked.......for about 3 days and it quit again. Called a different buddy to tow me home this time. After further research, I wiggled the exterior condenser for the distributor. It felt tight but yet it moved a little. That was the problem. The condenser was NOT tight enough and wasn't grounded well. So I tightened the heck out of it and it runs fine now.....So far. Just wanted to tell you guys when you are having problems, check the condenser mount connection. Mine was loose even though it felt 'tight enough'. I'm still buying lunches for those guys.........