LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:26 pm 

I'm trying to do a disc brake swap on the front of my 72 and I've run into a problem. I got all of the parts from a 76 in the wrecking yard including the lines, hoses, bolts etc. The caliper brackets and backing plates bolted up fine, but I'm having a problem with the booster. The 76 booster is about 1 1/2 inches larger (diameter) than the 72, and it's hitting the clutch master. It looks like I need about 1/2 inch more between the booster and the clutch master.

The 76 master cylinder won't bolt to the 72 booster so I'm not sure what to do. Does anyone know if there was a change in the spacing of the master cylinders, or am I just doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Glenn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:29 am 

So, I guess this went from a question to an answer. It appears that the clutch and brake master cylinders are closer together on the 72. There was no way the 76 booster was going to fit, so I had to move the clutch master to the left about 3/4". I was able to keep it within the brace built into the firewall, but I will have to add a bracket to the side of the clutch pedal arm to keep the pushrod aligned.

I guess this is just a warning to anyone wanting to swap discs to the 72. Some firewall mods are required.