LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Strut rod bushings
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:15 am 

Hello. I've been looking up strut rod bushings for my 79. All parts I find say 4wd. Are they the same as 2wd? I'm in need of these soon. Thanks for your help. I really enjoy this forum.

Post subject: Re: Strut rod bushings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:14 pm 

Ok, so this is what I've figured out. The two wheel drive truck parts list shows a different front bush from the rear. This is both for long and short box which use different parts each. Has anyone used the 4wheel drive kit successfully?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:03 am 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

installman57 wrote:
Ok, so this is what I've figured out. The two wheel drive truck parts list shows a different front bush from the rear. This is both for long and short box which use different parts each. Has anyone used the 4wheel drive kit successfully?

Explain please, there is no rear strut rod so no different bushings front to rear.
Are you asking about the sway bar instead? If so measure the bar diameter, get a matching bushing & bracket & end link kit from Energy Suspensions or Prothane. Autozone usually carries a selection of Energy Suspension products.
IF not from what I can tell the front strut rod bushings should be the same for both 4x4 & 2x4 trucks, the same part number is used from '76-'80, the first 4x4 trucks were 1979.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:46 pm 

What I was saying is that the parts available list 4wd. They don't say "also fits 2wd". The parts listing from this site shows one set for 4wd and completely different set for the others. The bushing part numbers show a part number for in front of the bracket and another number for behind the bracket. Thus, front and rear as listed.