LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Fuel tank diagram
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:49 pm 

Anyone have a diagram for a stock fuel tank in a 75 with a factory electric fuel pump? I took off the tank so long ago i forget which hose goes where. The line im most concerned with is the one that goes from the oil pan through a check valve looking deal to the tank. I think I planned on elimanating it but again its been so long that i forget. I took the fuel tank out cut it open ( because it was really rusty inside) sand blasted it and TIGed it back together. when i did that i think I plugged a tube? Can i eliminate this check valve deal? A FSM might have the answer?

Thanks guys u r the best!!!

Post subject: Re: Fuel tank diagram
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:40 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

On my 79, the fuel return line and the vent line from the front both go to that plastic catch can behind the cover at the front , inside of the bed,then into the vent pipes on top of the tank.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:44 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Also,hopefully you didn't have to weld near any of the vent pipes. They are just swaged into the holes and will loosen and leak if the tank expands around them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:53 pm 

i removed the vent deal from the bed(mine was steel) . i was thinking of putting a filter on the engine and removing the check valve thats on the fire wall. any input? and i redid the feeder tube from the tol of the tank with a tube i fabbed and silicone bronze welded bak to the tank

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:11 pm 

Noone has a FSM?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:03 am 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Not sure why we couldn't just tie the crank vent in with the valve cover vent. All my pollution gear is gone,with just a small breather on the valve cover. I built a new tank from a 40lb propane bottle,mounted behind the axle,relocated the stock fuel pump and ran a new steel fuel line to the Weber, no return line,and left the open vent line to the back of the truck. Truck seems to start and run just fine,but I'm sure some of the site veterans will school me if I've overlooked some Luvcentric function of the fuel system. I've already moved on to building the fender well headers for the g180,so I have plenty of time to correct any problems I've created.lol