LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Weber carb problems.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:28 am 

My truck recently started acting a little funny. A few days ago I drove it to school and it was sounding a little funny but I didn't think much of it. So after school (about 12 hours later) I got in my truck to head home. It started fine but anytime I would take my foot off of the gas pedal the truck died within seconds. After further investigation I found that the carb has some gunk built up inside. So I went and bought some carb cleaner and some SeaFoam. After using both, I was still having the same problem. I then noticed that the butterfly valves on the carb were not closing like they should. So I started the truck and had my dad hold the valves closed while I took my foot off the pedal. This Kept the truck running, but it still was sounding a little rough. We are just unsure of the problem with the valves not closing. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Post subject: Re: Weber carb problems.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:49 pm 
Addicted to LUV

you need to have the carb. rebuilt. either take the whole truck to a shop, or just the carb. But either way, I would go have the carb. rebuilt.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:03 pm 

I was thinking the same thing. Hoping I wouldn't have to but I think I may just buy a kit and try it myself. Thanks!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:11 pm 

Actually after looking at all of the tiny pieces I think I will take it somewhere!! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:47 am 

well I pulled the carb off last night and rebuilt it. After putting it all back on with two new fuel filters my truck won't start. It sounded like it wasn't getting any gas the the motor. The fuel pump comes on but is pretty noisy (idk if it was like that before). Any ideas??

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:56 am 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

The fuel pump should not be "noisy", you can hear & feel a slight hum from under the truck but should not be able to hear the pump from inside even with the window down. The ones I have had go bad started a thumping sound when running & had a weak stream. LUV electric pumps do not like dirty fuel, especially rust.
Pour a bit of gas into the carb to see if it will run, if so then fuel is not getting to the carb.
Pull the carb fuel supply line, crank the engine, you should have strong steady stream, if not work your way towards the tank until you discover why.
Check the fuel filter on the tank side of the pump. A factory pump also has a very small internal filter that may or may not can be cleaned.
If you decide to replace the pump a factory pump is rated 4-7psi, a Weber requires 3psi max, so you may also need a regulator, especially if your fuel return is not functional. The excess fuel being returned helps bleed off some pressure as well as keeping the pump cooler.