LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:29 pm 

I've been looking for a new transmission for this thing for a while now, finally found one last week for a decent price. I thought the end of the t/case shifter was broken off but it turned out it was a shifter off some newer 4 speed, the one off my old trans. works fine. Now the issue is there is no 4 low. I got it to shift into 4 high and 2 high they both work great. When I shift into 4 low there is no click, like it's not engaging the selector fork. I've never really messed with transmissions before, but it looks like I can just pop the t/case off to take a peek inside, is this possible? It seems to me that the fork isn't lined up right if that can happen, and if there is a fork in there...like I said I'm not a transmission dude yet :oops: any help is appreciated. I also forgot to add the output shaft doesn't turn when it's shifted into 4 low, like the gears are hanging in limbo....

1968 Ford Fairlane Fastback, next in line