LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Spark Plugs
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:28 pm 
I have a 78' Luv and i was wondering how do you get to the first spark plug(the one towards the hood cowl)? i can't seem to reach it with an extenstion or anything? is there some kind of trick? also anybody know the firing order of it too? mines rubbed away also ether that or its covered in soo much grime huh? :twisted:

thanks,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:16 am 
You might have to loosen your smog pump and move it a bit to get to that plug in the front....but i don't remember that i had to do that. If you have a stock engine..the #1 cylinder is closest to your radiator and they just go back towards the firewall #2..#3..#4.. And i beleve most dist. caps have two numbers on top of the cap ..a 2 ..and..a 4. What cylinder plug are you haveing trouble with...you kinda threw me about the cowl?

Post subject: Spark PLug Pt3
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:52 pm 
Well, i meant the engine hood. Lol! cowl..ok, the first plug fartest closet to the engine hood. plus what should i set the gap the sparks at?lets see, anything else? i yeah, the truck run rough when i idle so whats wrong? other then that..is it possiable to lift or lower the truck?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:13 am 
this space for rent

the gap i believe is .030. Ill have to check my shop manual to be shure toamorow when im in the shop. As far as raising an lowering the trucks its realy easy. For the front end you just tighten the torsion bars to raise and loosen to lower. Then for the rear tyou can either make/purchase longer schackles or do a spring over for the lift in the rear. Then to lower the rear just get blocks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:27 am 
Check your vacume lines,and your plug wires , and your coil wire.Have you checked your timeing- with a timeing light? You should be able to get that plug out....act like gumby and hold your lip right ...it'll come out! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:07 pm 
Well lets not forget the points!!! lol My truck runs like total dogshit if the points are worn. As for raising or lowering it is pretty simple with the torsion bars....... righty RAISE ..... lefty LOWER :lol: The read end just depends on how you go to Mepr gave a few good ideas I guess it is just up to you how you wanna do it. You can look in the Photo gallery and look at many of the trucks and how they are standing,sitting, raked Etc....Just have fun with it!! just my two pennies!
Later
Husker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:44 pm 
this space for rent

yeah the points in those old dizzies are a pain. Check them and if you ever run into other ignition problems, check them first...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 11:09 pm 
Addicted to LUV

i have to replace my points every 3 months for mine to run :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 9:25 am 
bcg I agree with you I usually go thru then about everythree months as well thank god they arent that expensive. The last time I went and got a pair the girl behind the counter asked me which ones I wanted. I was like what is the cost difference? She told me they ranged from 3.50 to like 11.00 I was like well since I go through them so quick I'll take the three dollar set!! :lol: :lol: No need to pay more for something that will just need replacing in a couple of months. That is until I get out of this friggin desert to come home and do my V-8 Swap! :D Well just my two pennies.
Later
Husker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:25 am 
Somthin' just dosent sound right about changeing the points that often!! I change mine about every two years. WHATSUP? :?: