LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Not starting
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 8:46 pm 
Oops.... started my topic in the wrong catagory on this site maybe. 8O ... sorry. If there is anybody out there with ideas of how to get a LUV to turn over, please look over the postings for "not starting" under the Chassis & Engines section. I posted the problem there because the topic description said "electrical" in it... then I saw this topic description today. I've got a very stock truck... I think I'm removing parts that the factory put on! :o I was told by the older gentleman I bought if from that I'm the third owner. I am getting right down to frustrated with this electrical mystery. :cry:

Another thing... don't know how far and wide LUV lovers look for parts, but I know of one well picked LUV and a fairly new donation of a Mikado to a Portland, OR wrecking yard (the guys at the yard said they didn't know why it was dropped off; they were driving it around before they dismantled it!) ....and there's an 80 LUV in another yard in the area that I was able to find, but its been there since JAN 2002, so it may only have body parts left.

Post subject: hey
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:45 pm 
hey did any of those trucks have a stepside bed or any bed for that matter that was in good shape, also what about a dash pad, let me know thanks, mike you can email me at buechner626@hotmail.com thanks again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 11:02 pm 
Addicted to LUV

No biggie, the categories are more for organization. I'm not going to scrutinize everyone's posts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 11:17 pm 
this space for rent

Alright i have fought this in two luv so far. What you should do is run down this list. Check the gaping on your points (have a friend bump the engine over w? the distrib. cap off and see if they open and close), then check your coil, resister, and finally check point dwell and timing. And if you are lucky enough to have electronic ignition then all this is not going to help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 11:44 pm 
Addicted to LUV

just wanted to add that i had a problem with my netural saftey switch on mine (little doohicky down by the back of the clutch petal) when bad or something, cuased it not to start.
i just unhooked it and wired the 2 wires together. be careful tho, this means your truck CAN be started while its in gear.
Ask Tilted WHY thats a bad thing Image

All I need is my weed, women, and wine. -Edge City Outlaws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 7:29 am 
Addicted to LUV

i did the same with mine(safety switch)i've started mine in gear more than a dozen times.whats tilted know?i also have no ebrake.i snapped that the 1st time i got in her.i don't like putting it in gear when its off.when i'm on steep hills i can feel the pressure on her.is this a problem?i was told it wouldn't be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 4:30 pm 
Addicted to LUV

look and read the very bottom of the page

http://www.csd.net/~chevyss/trucks/luv.htm

and i never used the e-brake in mine.

All I need is my weed, women, and wine. -Edge City Outlaws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 10:21 pm 
this space for rent

That damage (asside from the door) is nothing, if i juat came back from a day of trailing whith that i would be happy (i dont like doing boddy work :x ) but at least i can fix it for the most part! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 11:42 pm 
Feel the Steel

Not trying to get off topic but mine DOES have a nuetral safety switch on the B&M shifter. The problem with mine is the weak stock LUV ignition system and the headers being right almost against the starter. We found a way out by the battery to jump the ignition to get it to start when the power from the key isn't strong enough but unfortunatly it overrides the nuetral switch also. :x

RIP R.J.B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 11:46 pm 
Feel the Steel

MEPR wrote:
That damage (asside from the door) is nothing, if i juat came back from a day of trailing whith that i would be happy (i dont like doing boddy work :x ) but at least i can fix it for the most part! 8)

Have you tried finding a good door lately??? It took me almost 2 years to find one that was in useable condition. Yes, the other damage is very minor considering what happened! I am glad the door hinge broke or the cab might have gotten bent also. I look at it as a blessing in disguise as I needed to replace the door from almost the same thing happening a few years before that. The only thing that sucks is I can't drive it now looking like that. :evil:

RIP R.J.B.