LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:07 pm 

[/b]
i have checked my haynes book but honestly its all a foreign language to someone whom hasnt dabbled on cars.
well the smurf mobile is running, but tags are getting closer to be due by the day.

i have a vacuum hose thats off on the truck.
its on the little round thing by the carb. it says carb then has a bunch of numbers then says egr. the hose where it says carb is connected but the egr side isnt connected. its connected where it says egr but its not on the other end. the tubing is only about 9/12 inches, so it has to connect somewhere close.
a friend looked for where it goes but they werent sure either.. they think it goes somewhere on the manifold.
i looked in the haynes book there arent any picture directions for the hose from egr to manifold, unless i am missing it somewhere.
the vacuume routing under the hood looks like alien language to me.
does anyone know where it goes.
thanks in advance,

http://www.luvtruck.com/Gallery/Janets8 ... index.html

OUCH!
got luv bumps?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:59 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

It goes to the EGR valve. It is located underneath the intake manifold, in the center about under the carb. It is a 3-4 inch diameter diaphram thing that points toward the engine block. Has a hose nipple connection on it that the hose goes to. You almost have to find it by feel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:31 am 

[quote="egg"]It goes to the EGR valve. It is located underneath the intake manifold, in the center about under the carb. It is a 3-4 inch diameter diaphram thing that points toward the engine block. Has a hose nipple connection on it that the hose goes to. You almost have to find it by feel.[/quote}
thanks for the reply.
bothe tubes are connected on the part you described, however the part referred to has Carb written where one tubing connectes, that tube is fully connected but the the side that says egr is only connected on the diaphram thing but not on the other end,

OUCH!
got luv bumps?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:46 am 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

I'll see if I can explain it better. The 3-4 inch thing you are talking about is called a backpressure transducer valve. It is mounted horizontal on the intake manifold--right? One hose is marked carb, the other is marked EGR? Well, the end marked EGR that is hanging loose goes to the actual EGR valve. This is a different round 3-4 inch diaphram thing mounted way underneath and behind the intake manifold. Almost out of sight. It is made of metal not plastic, and is mounted vertically. There is a metal 3/4 inch pipe from the base of it that runs around the rear of the engine to the exhaust manifold on the other side. The EGR valve is mounted right there at that junction, under the carb and manifold.-----hope this helps.

Post subject: ROUTING
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:02 am 
lives at LUVTruck.com

I think that I have the original routing information under my hood on a sticker if that would help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:44 am 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

This vacuum stuff can be a real pain. I've collected some photos from some other posts and modified them, in hopes that it will help you locate and identify this stray hose connection. I'll try to explain each photo...

This is a line drawing of all the vacuum hose connections. I actually printed this out and used different colored markers to fill in each vacuum line. Then I went out and verified my connections. Pretty simplistic, but it made the job itself quite easy. It's difficult to picture here, as this is sort of an X-ray drawing, but the EGR valve is mounted to the bottom of the intake manifold, as the crow flies, it's directly below the carburetor on the bottom side of the intake manifold. It's a bugger to see in there, so a good idea of what you're feeling for can really help.

This is a photo of the bottom of the cylinder head, with the exhaust (top) and intake (bottom) manifolds still attached (thanks fullaluv!). The left side of the photo would be the front of the truck. I've pointed out where the EGR valve hose connection is. When you are leaning in the engine compartment, the connection you are after is on the passenger side, near the motor mount. There is another photo of fullaluv's engine with the motor mount attached, so if you are not sure what that is, just let me know and I'll add that one here too.

Finally, a photo of a nice clean intake from underneath. Again, I've added the EGR identification. I think the easiest way to get to this is to follow the brass tube (in the top right) around with your hands until you find the EGR valve. A lot of this is going to be a 'feel' sort of job, it's almost impossible to see what you're after here. DO NOT do this when the engine is hot!

I realize the orientation of these photos can be sort of confusing, but I hope this provides some help. Just as an FYI, my experience in Cali with smog stuff has not been so good. There may be a reason someone disconnected this, when you get it hooked up the truck may run really crappy. The EGR valve is available new online for about $50-80.

Good luck :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:20 pm 

i hope to give a reply to all the great help. i apologize for my disappearance, my neighbors have gone overboard with harassment, thanks everyone though.

OUCH!
got luv bumps?