LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Gasser poser?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:42 am 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

I'm thinking about turning the '78 rust bucket into a rat rod/gasser poser. I think I will roll it with black primer, just like it is (without doing any bodywork), and jack it up 3"- 6" and put on a set of big-n-littles. Maybe even radius the rear wheel wells and sneak in an exhaust cut-out just for laughs...

Can I just put blocks in the rear to raise it? What happens if I crank the front until it's as high as it will go? Or do I need to pull and turn the torsion bars to retain some sort of decent ride?

What is the narrowest available 6 on 5.5 rim out there? Are there 'donut' spares available for full size trucks that might work with a narrow street tire for the front? What's the most backspacing I can run in the rear without rubbing? I'm thinking about something like a 4" rim in front and 8" in the rear, I'd like to go with 15's or larger, but I can raise or lower the truck to match the wheel combo I end up with. Really like a set of vintage looking 'pie crust' tires for the back, anyone know where to find something like that?

I don't want to spend any serious money on this, but I'd like to individualize the truck a bit more to my personality. I've got a few ideas for graphics, probably scallops, but I might try a set of flames or something too...

Ideas? Suggestions?