phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: This Weeks Episode!
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:21 am 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Thnx for tuning in, this is where I'm at
Not too bad compared to
Only thing is that the Dirty started easily when cold. The clean one runs strong but only when warm. When its cold i have to hold down the throttle or it wont start and it sputters out all kinds of crap from the Muffler. When it warms up it sounds like a beast tho.(lil beast)
Umm. well I feel kinda like when you put ur head to a bat on the ground an spin and then some1 tells you, "start that engine, without spatting soot all over your Garage wall."
I did this, cleaned the points(i hate points btw, gonna do what fullaluv is doing)
Adjsuted them to 47° a little higher (dwell angle)
Timing is at about 7~8 BTDC
The Electric Choke is in the middle and is working, Looks like at least (any way to test?)
Oh and for the Choke You match the color of the wires right? The faded blue one(looks green) goes to the choke.
The antidieseling sol. is connected but i don't know how to test.
Switched around the hoses on the air pump.
Whoever hooked this thing up earlier either knew something i don't know or was a doofus, everything on the emissions controls were backwards, the vac lines and main air lines
The 1 plug was plugged in to the four spot on the cap and the 4 plug into the 1. I checked the Rotor at TDC and it was pointed to where I have the 1 plug hooked up to, am i erroneous in this reasoning??
The Float fuel level is even with the dot on the window.. and i can't think of anything else. I have yet to tackle changing the fuel filter or check fuel lines, but i'm thinking the prob here is running too rich. Idling is at 900 rpms and it purrs when it's warm.
New Plugs and wires, rotor, and cap
Does anyone have any clues?? I am out of ideas, I'm going to start testing the electric choke somehow tomorrow when the engine is cooled down.
And Yes, Swapping the engine is not an option because, well because, I can't even tune a 4 banger, how am i going to tune an 8 banger. If only I could plug the laptop in like i can in the Z.....
Going to go sleep now... and have carburator nightmares.
One day i will make an 800 page post like fullaluv :wink: