LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:46 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Offenhauser-Of ... Sw-JJacmJY

There's one for the 72-75's on ebay right now...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:23 am 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

Most people are interested in the intakes for the '76 - '80 trucks, which were the intakes I had. I am sure someone will probably grab that one on eBay though, but the only problem is the seller doesn't know what intake it is. If it is for the Holley carb, then probably there won't be much interest.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:36 pm 

So there's no way to get my hands on a Offy intake for a weber carb? Not even an old one sitting in someone's garage?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:48 pm 

Not a brand new one, unless someone has a new one laying around that eventually comes up for sale. Same with a used one, you might come across one here or there in a bone yard or on eBay or somewhere. Offy wasn't making them about 10 years ago when I first talked to them and ordered some. I believe I ordered 3 or 4 runs before demand plummeted. I believe before 2008 Summit Racing used to stock some. If Offy isn't machining intakes for the 4 cylinders anymore, then there won't be any more made. Even if they would let me order a run, at this point I am not sure I even would with very little interest. Not that there ever was much demand for them anyway, not in the last 20 years or more probably. If Offy still made them and there were 10 or 15 people who would commit to buying one, then I would probably order more, but neither is the case at this point. The first couple runs I ordered there was this much interest, but not anymore for the last 3 years at least. If anything ever changes I will certainly post any updates here, but I am not expecting that to happen. The last time I left a message with Offy a few months ago they never even returned my call. Keep an eye out for an intake if you want one and maybe someday one will come up for sale somewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:19 pm 

Mokadeth wrote:
Ok, I am probably 90% sure I will become the distributor of the Offenhauser intakes model # OFY-6204-CW. There are 2 other types, but I believe this is the one that most everyone is looking for. I am receiving info and specs on all 3 models. I just wanted to post this and try and get an idea of how many people would buy one when I get them in stock or how many people would be interested in one in the near future. I will most likely list some on eBay as well, but would definitely have to charge a higher price on eBay because of all the listing fees and Paypal fees. Anyone here on the LUV boards would have the better price. I am not expecting to sell thousands of these or get rich off them, but I do have to make a little for my time and efforts. I haven't got an exact price as of yet, but I can say that I would have to charge approx. $210 + shipping. Apparently the foundry now charges Offenhauser an Aluminum fee, so that would probably account for the price being slightly higher. The person I spoke with also mentioned that the fee could very well be increased for the next shipment I would get if it takes some time until I would need another order. I guess it all depends on inflation and market price on the Aluminum. Anyway, Shipping I have to check into some more and would have to see if the manifolds would fit into the flat rate box and be shipped without damage. They weigh approx. 13 lbs, so for shipping from my location to say most anywhere West Coast it was around $25 for Priority shipping without any insurance or delivery confirmation. Parcel Post was only like $3 less but would take longer. Also, it would be more if it was to be shipped to Alaska or Hawaii and less if shipped closer to me on the East Coast. Like I said, I will have to check into this more. I haven't looked into UPS shipping yet. I know someone mentioned that shipping used to be around $15, so I am hoping I can get the price to be close to that. All in all I think this is probably a pretty decent price for the manifold being it is way below retail list price and even slightly lower than shop price. I hope to just try to keep these alive and cover my expenses and investment. So if I can have a better idea of how many people are interested that would be very helpful! :) As for a timeline, probably around 6-8 weeks once I place the order. After the foundry makes them, Offenhauser has to machine them. Depending on how busy they are I guess it could be as little as 5 weeks or as long as 9 weeks lead time. After I have them in stock, there shouldn't ever be a wait. If I can sell enough and have to re-order, then I would definitely order them ahead of time. If you guys have any more questions let me know and I will try to answer. I hopefully will have all the specs on all 3 models sometime next week. I don't know what kind of demand there would be for the other 2? Probably not enough to make it worth the while. Hopefully there will be enough interest in the 6204 so I can keep these from becoming extinct! 8)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:23 pm 

Hello,
Could you get me an offy intake? I can’t find one anywhere.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:59 pm 

You can't find any because there aren't any available anymore, unless you happen to find a used one or a new one that someone has stashed away or overlooked for many years. You are quoting from this conversation from a 10 year old post from before I ever ordered any intakes. I don't have any intakes in stock and I haven't now in 3 or 4 years, there just hasn't been much demand at all for them in recent years and not really worth ordering a run of them. The last time I talked to Offy they told me they weren't even machining intakes for the 4 cylinders anymore. I may talk to them about it again and see if they may have changed their mind, but with very few people interested in an intake, it still may not really even be worth the investment, it never really was anyway and I had taken them on mainly to keep them alive for a while for the few of us in the LUV community who wanted them, and the first couple runs people were buying them, but that was 8 - 10 years ago. If anything changes I will certainly post updates here as I have always done over the years. If there was enough interest and Offy would let me order a run, it would probably be a few months before they would even be available anyway, at a minimum probably around two months due to the position in line behind other orders, the foundry casting them, Offy machining them, shipping. I really can't say for sure though until I talk to Offy about it. I still had been considering ordering another run these past few years, if there was enough demand anyway, but that hasn't been the case with only a couple people a year who were serious about buying an intake. The first couple runs there were probably 10 or 15 people a year who bought intakes. Still not really that many, but much more than the last few years. If anything changes I will post updates here.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:23 pm 

I am most definitely interested! I have a 1979 Long Bed. I plan to keep it somewhat original with the exception of a few tasty performance upgrades. I would suggest checking out the multitude of LUV truck FaceBook pages for interest. I am sure you would find even more people would commit to this intake. I currently have a 1972, 1973, 1976 and a 1979. Lets work together to keep the LUV stuff alive!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:04 am 

Well the last time I talked to Offy they told me they were no longer machining intakes for the 4 cylinders anymore. Maybe that could change, but with very little interest the last few years I am not sure it would even be worth it just to sell a couple a year, even if they were to allow me to order another run. It wasn't even really much worth it when I was selling an intake once every month or two. I haven't ruled it out yet, if they even allow another run, but with the minimal interest it hasn't been a priority. I don't really like fakebook and I rarely log on there and I really don't think I want to have to join countless LUV pages just to try to sell a few of these. I would probably continue to promote this website, which is a central place and the largest realm of LUV info, or I would post to eBay as I had in the past, but the fees have been going up there over the years as well. Maybe if a couple dozen people showed interest I would be more serious about ordering more, but that hasn't been the case for the last few years. I may talk to Offy again when I get a chance and see what they have to say. If there are any updates to report I would continue to post here as I have in the past.

Post subject: Wanted
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:22 am 

Mokadeth do you still have a 4 barrel offenhausers manifold if so I’m interested cheers

Attachments:
File comment: Like this one
198DE1DD-D793-4895-A8CB-DD44CC40A872.jpeg
198DE1DD-D793-4895-A8CB-DD44CC40A872.jpeg [ 63.82 KiB | Viewed 21208 times ]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:51 am 
Addicted to LUV

Mokadeth wrote:
Well the last time I talked to Offy they told me they were no longer machining intakes for the 4 cylinders anymore. Maybe that could change, but with very little interest the last few years I am not sure it would even be worth it just to sell a couple a year, even if they were to allow me to order another run. It wasn't even really much worth it when I was selling an intake once every month or two. I haven't ruled it out yet, if they even allow another run, but with the minimal interest it hasn't been a priority. I don't really like fakebook and I rarely log on there and I really don't think I want to have to join countless LUV pages just to try to sell a few of these. I would probably continue to promote this website, which is a central place and the largest realm of LUV info, or I would post to eBay as I had in the past, but the fees have been going up there over the years as well. Maybe if a couple dozen people showed interest I would be more serious about ordering more, but that hasn't been the case for the last few years. I may talk to Offy again when I get a chance and see what they have to say. If there are any updates to report I would continue to post here as I have in the past.

If in fact you do another run a couple of us are admin at Facebook on the LUV page. We would be happy to post a link to here to help sell them, don’t know how much it would help but the offer is there.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:21 pm 

Mokadeth: if you could let us know what the minimum order number is perhaps we could even get deposits down from folks here and through Facebook. Maybe even get the Ozzie Gemini crowd involved. What is the minimum quantity if we put in an order?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:46 pm 

In reply to the first question, I never had intakes for the 4 barrel carbs for the LUV. They used to make them, but probably not since the 1980's. You might find a used one around somewhere if you keep an eye out, but I really don't even know how popular those were back then and how many were made?

In reply to the second question, I am already a member on the fakebook LUV page, at least one of them if there are multiple groups? Fakebook sucks and I rarely log on there, but if there ever was a possibility of another run of intakes I would post something there, and I am sure there are probably members both here and there that would make mention since I always post everything here. I would probably also post intakes for sale on eBay like I had in the past and when I did still have the intakes in stock I did also post the info on the Isuzu P'up forum and also the Oz Gemini forum. It seems like the Australian guys always wanted 4 barrel intakes, and only a couple of them seemed to even ask about intakes anyway, so that was definitely not something worth doing, even if they would allow a run of 4 barrel intakes. Also shipping the intakes over there would be expensive.

In reply to the third question, it is hard to say how many would end up in the run. It had varied a little over the years and I guess it all depends on how much material the foundry had in the batch, possible loss rate, which was an issue with the more tricky casting of the dual port intakes that I was able to get a split run of a few years ago, etc. It was never an extreme amount of intakes though, but for the 2 people a year that have been asking about them the last 3 or 4 years, it just isn't really worth investing thousands of dollars. I used to sell that many in a month, or at least one a month after the initial run. I am sure I could probably sell a couple more if I was actually able to get them again, but they are far less in demand it seems than they were the first 2 or 3 runs about a decade ago. It isn't even about funding and I wouldn't want to bother with deposits, too much hassle and I believe years ago there were issues here on the forum with deposits being taken for things. I wouldn't want to go down that road and I never did in the past and there was never any issues. The main issue at this point is the last time I talked to Offy they told me they were not machining intakes for the 4 cylinders anymore. The other issue is low demand. Maybe they would allow another run, that I don't know. I have been pondering talking to them about it again, but when I don't get any inquiries for over 5 months since the last one, and about as long between the previous inquiries over the last 3 or 4 years, then you can see why I am hesitant to even ask Offy if they would allow another run. I guess I will talk to them and get an answer about that one way or another and put that question to rest.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:57 pm 

Hey I have an offy that’s cracked? Is there a way to repair it ? If so what kind of shop should I contact ?

Thinking about buying another luv so it got me thinking about that old intake I have...

Attachments:
2013DE1B-F68C-4EAB-BCAD-7B7A4C612BF7.jpeg
2013DE1B-F68C-4EAB-BCAD-7B7A4C612BF7.jpeg [ 1.91 MiB | Viewed 21168 times ]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:14 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

I’m getting ready to install my 6203/6204 first run from Mokadeth. Does anyone know the sizes of the holes. I would like to clean threads to make installation a bit easier. I live in California and need to add all the smog crap to the Offy manifold. Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:12 am 

Mokadeth wrote:
No, these intakes are the the same as all the other runs, they are the #6204-CW for the stock G series motors and they are designed to bolt up directly to the Weber carb. There are plenty of photos back a few pages in this thread. The last run I ordered Offy let me split the run and order some of the dual port intakes, a few of the 4x4 owners were interested in those. That was a lucky thing I guess because Offy won't let me order those anymore since they are more tricky to cast and there is a higher loss rate, plus that foundry that cast the last run closed and they are now working with another foundry they deal with. There really wasn't a whole lot of difference between the two intakes anyway and there is only so much you can get out of the stock motors. I always ask if there is any interest in the other intakes, but there just never is enough to warrant ordering a full run of the others because most everyone wants the #6204-CW anyway. I am not even sure if Offy would let me order any of those other intakes they used to make years ago. Well I hope this answers your questions. Everything is here in this thread, just do a little browsing and you should find everything you need to know.

Do you have any offenhauser intakes available for a1980 Chevy luv. Contact me please if you have any info please 320-522-1492

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33