LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:52 pm 

Zane wrote:
eyesore wrote:
It's been a while, but yes: there are provisions to re-install all of the emissions equipment onto the Offey that connected to the stock intake. (at least on the D/P version that I got.) Was actually a bit of a pain to find all of the correct size/pitch bolts I needed to plug all that crap up.
:twisted:

A lot of pages on this sticky to look through, but I did see eyesore post that you could add emissions equipment. I see that Eyesore is from Colorado. Has any California Luv owners installed this?

Im frm L.A. California, but the DMV here didnt ask me for a smog check for my 1980 Chevy Luv

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:45 pm 
Addicted to LUV

They will. All cars and light trucks 1976 and newer are required to get a smog inspection, this includeds diesels now. If you just bought it the old owner may have smoged it, the inspection is good for 90 days, every 2 years there after you will have to have it smog inspected. As far as if the intakes are legal in Ca for trucks needing smog inspections, only if they have a California Air Reasearch Board Number on them. Many inspectors may not notice the aftermarket intake but if they do then you will fail the visual inspection.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:47 am 

Luvrv8 wrote:
They will. All cars and light trucks 1976 and newer are required to get a smog inspection, this includeds diesels now. If you just bought it the old owner may have smoged it, the inspection is good for 90 days, every 2 years there after you will have to have it smog inspected. As far as if the intakes are legal in Ca for trucks needing smog inspections, only if they have a California Air Reasearch Board Number on them. Many inspectors may not notice the aftermarket intake but if they do then you will fail the visual inspection.

i bought my truck in mid march of 2014, the guy i bought it frm had his own auto shop and he said he had bought it in an auction in January of 2014 but he never smoged it. He didnt have an actual pinkslip, just a bill of sale, and some paperwork frm the auction. So when i took it to the DMV, all i had to pay for was past due plate fees, new plates(new numbers), new pinkslip, and a new registration, but they never asked me to smog it, all they wanted me to do is take it to a CHP office to get the vin verified, thats about it, do u know y this happened?

I heard they dont require you to smog a classic car either is that true? And if it is, is that y they didnt ask me for a smog, maybe they have Luv's down as classics??????

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:32 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Jaram10 wrote:

i bought my truck in mid march of 2014, the guy i bought it frm had his own auto shop and he said he had bought it in an auction in January of 2014 but he never smoged it. He didnt have an actual pinkslip, just a bill of sale, and some paperwork frm the auction. So when i took it to the DMV, all i had to pay for was past due plate fees, new plates(new numbers), new pinkslip, and a new registration, but they never asked me to smog it, all they wanted me to do is take it to a CHP office to get the vin verified, thats about it, do u know y this happened?

I heard they dont require you to smog a classic car either is that true? And if it is, is that y they didnt ask me for a smog, maybe they have Luv's down as classics??????

Jaram, I have an 80 Luv as well. In Ca You have to smog 76 and newer. It may be the DMV made the mistake to have you smog yours. When I bought my Luv it was out of the system, and I had to smog it. As long as DMV gave you the plates, and current registration, then you will most likely be good to next year.

I got my Luv smoged about a month ago. The smog tech heard via word of mouth (so don't quote me on this) through other smog techs, that there "may" be changes in the next 2 years for older vehicles, and they may be smog exempt. I'm not holding my breath, but it could happen.

"When all else fails, follow the directions".

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:28 pm 

Just joined must post to pm.... so yeah im needing a 6204-cw pretty bad right now. any left mokadeth?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:58 pm 

Mokadeth, do you still have any manifolds for sale?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:25 am 

Hi there just after a 6204-CW. if any one has one. would need to post to Aus.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:26 am 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

I actually have one intake left. It was a return from a guy last year who wasn't happy with it. I sent him another intake and he still wasn't happy, but he kept it. He also said he wasn't happy with his resurfaced head, new Webber, new Pacesetter header, etc.... I was going to maybe talk to Offy about possibly sending it back for a refund, but I really don't think this intake is that bad at all. The main problem the guy had with it was the one inlet on the bottom of the intake had a little bit of a rough thread and it looks like to me there was a small air bubble right in there during the casting, so there is a bit of a maybe 1/4" to 3/8" diameter gouge in the side of the threads of that inlet. I am thinking the fitting would probably go right in ok and there wouldn't ever be any problems. If anything, maybe re-drilling that hole? I am sure a machine shop could do it. The guy wasn't even happy with the 2nd one I sent him and he said he re-tapped two of the holes on the top of the intake as well. I think he was just extremely fussy with everything he had. Anyway, if anyone wants this intake, let me know. I will knock off $20 and I am still losing money on it anyway, but if it is a good intake, I hate to have to try to send it back and maybe even pay shipping again on this. I have never ever had any complaints or problems with any other Offy intake all the years I have been selling them to you guys, so I really don't think this intake is that problematic. As for me ordering another run of intakes, well I have been holding off since pretty much most of last year there was no interest in the intakes until mostly December and January and I haven't had any requests for intakes now in probably 6 weeks. I am really in no hurry since I know what usually happens. I have 10 people who say they want an intake, but when I actually have them in stock, probably 2 or 3 will actually take one. I have been busy as well and I haven't taken the time to talk to Offy. I will probably sometime soon when I get a chance, but I am not in any hurry really. I will let everyone know when I get more ordered and have more details. If things go as they usually have in the past, it will be 2 or 3 months from the time I order, so I wouldn't probably have any intakes in stock until maybe May or June, but that is just a guess at this point. If anyone wants the one intake I have left, send me a message and I will send the details.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:10 pm 

I am very interested in the manifold. i have been searching the past 6 months for one ever since your last one was posted on ebay. website wouldn't allot me to send you a message since I just signed up because I had noticed your recent post. please if you could send me a message we could figure something out. thanks hope to hear from you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:40 am 

I'm very interested in one!! I'm ok with the wait. Let me know about details.

SO EXCITED!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:02 am 

Damn I wish I wouldve seen this earlier. Mokadeth if you could PM me, I tried to get one to you but it wouldnt let me. I'm super interested in that last on intake you have. Hell, I work at a fab shop. I'm sure I can figure it out. I got my weber, I just need the offy to put it on. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:41 pm 

I already sold it about 3 weeks ago. I plan on ordering more at some point in the near future, but I am not at all in any hurry since demand has been pretty much nothing until the last couple months. If I was to order more very soon, I wouldn't even expect to have them in stock until about the middle to end of June. I don't know when I will order more though, when I get a chance to talk to Offy I guess. I will post updates when I do order more and when I expect to get them back in stock.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 10:24 am 
lives at LUVTruck.com

Do you know where i can find a spacer for my offy to the header? I put in yesterday but didnt quite line up.

Attachments:
20150513_183048.jpg
20150513_183048.jpg [ 828.13 KiB | Viewed 21293 times ]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:38 pm 

hey im new to the forum but im wondering if there was any being ordered or any left.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:02 pm 

Hi and welcome to the forum. Well I don't have any left right now and I haven't yet ordered any. There hasn't really been a whole lot of interest in the intakes except for a few people interested back in December and January, now there doesn't seem to be much interest again. I plan on ordering more, but I am not at all in any hurry since over the years I have noticed that I usually have 10 or 15 people who say they want an intake, then when I actually get them in stock maybe 3 or 4 take them. Then I sit on thousands of dollars worth of intakes for a couple years. I could have ordered more intakes months ago when I sold the last of them, but I have been holding off. If I was to order some now I wouldn't even have any until at least mid August since it is a couple months lead time. I will certainly post updates when I order more.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:41 pm 

howdyy

new dude here

I assume since there haven't been any recent Mokadeth Offy updates that the deal is no longer on the table? Please let me know if you have any intakes available. I have cash burning mah hands.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:52 pm 

There aren't any updates to post. I haven't placed an order with Offy yet. I haven't even had anyone asking about intakes lately, even over the past year there hasn't been that many people asking about intakes. I am in no rush to order any at this point unless demand increases. What I have noticed over the years is that everyone says they want an intake, but when it comes down to it, probably less than half the people who say they want one actually buy one. I have maybe had 4 or 5 people ask me about intakes the past 6 months. Chances are if I had them in stock right now that I would probably only sell 2 or 3 of them. I may order some in the near future, but I am holding off at this point unless I start hearing from people who might be interested in an intake. If I was to place an order right away, I wouldn't have them in stock until at least late September or October. The lead time has generally been a couple months.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:31 pm 

well, dang.

Is there anything we can do to improve the ordering process? For example, perhaps you have interested folks pre-pay to gauge realistic financial ability...?

If you, Mokadeth, are unable to attain any intakes in the near future do you (or anyone out there in TV Land) have any recommendations on where one can attain one?

Any help is appreciated!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:01 pm 

Well there isn't any issues with the ordering process, I have just held back ordering on purpose. I just took on distributing the intakes over 6 years ago to help out all of us LUV owners. It really isn't that high on my priority list with just a handful of people asking about them. Demand for the intakes has always been this low and I have held off ordering in the past as well. I have been kinda busy over the summer and I have just held off talking to Offy. The lead time on the intakes isn't on my end either. It has always been around 2 months lead time, maybe 6 weeks at a minimum. Once I place an order then I get in line with everyone else out there who does business with the foundry they work with. Once the foundry does their thing, the raw castings go back to Offy for the machining. That is the quicker part. Offy only has them for a week or so before they would ship out to me. I would just be guessing at this point if I was to order today it would probably be at least later September before I would have any in stock. Financial ability has nothing to do with it either. I have never done any kind of pre-pay, doing things that way is just asking for trouble if something were to come up. Of course it really isn't a high priority for me if 3 people were to ever pre-pay. That is just a fraction of the costs with the thousands of dollars involved in ordering a run of intakes. You won't be able to get a new intake anywhere else unless you get lucky and come across one, or someone is selling a used one or you find one in a bone yard. I probably will order a run sometime in the near future when I get a chance, especially if I start hearing from interested persons. If you are wanting a new one sooner than at least a couple months, then I won't be able to help you. When I do talk to Offy and place an order, I will certainly post updates here in the forum as I always have done in the past.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:50 am 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

ok Mokadeth...I just took 3 evenings to ready all 30 pages of this Offenhauser intake manifolds
1st GOOD JOB 8) on stepping up and making this happen for the LUV owners here. As i read many were very pleased w/ the new intakes. :D

1st Question...HAVE YOU GOT ONE OF THESE SPECIAL INTAKES ON YOUR TRUCK YET ?...LOL :P I SURE HOPE SO.

Did you ever find out the truth about the initial set up on the very 1st run? ..The mix up of the 6204 top & 2303 bottoms or incorrect # on the bottom ?
it seems like you got something different than you expected a full 6204 which i believe didn't have egr port on the bottom..CORRECT ?
QUOTING to recall > " Ok, here is the pics I just took. The top looks just like the 6204-C and CW should look. Not sure about the bottom since I don't have a pic of a 6204 bottom. This bottom looks like the bottom of the 6203. "

it seems like their remedy was to supply A KIT W/ EXTRA PARTS :
QUOTING to recall > " The manifold also came with a bag of bolts and a plate. If you guys can confirm this manifold is ok with just the wrong number, then I would appreciate it. I hope someone has a bottom side picture if this manifold is different than it is supposed to be? I just got to thinking as I am typing this, I wonder if they had the top half casting of a 6204 and the bottom half of a 6203? That would be even more messed up than the right manifolds! Here are the pics... "... BUT it seem it all worked itself out which is good )

I never put my name on the list for 2 reasons 1st didn't know when they would be coming as it seem to take a min to get off the ground & 2nd, due to the question-able smog use as i live in CA. I believe 1 maybe 2 said Yes it was smog ready but & wasn't actually using his w/ smog, so it wasn't completely confirmed...& some asked if anyone in CA was using it w/ smog but i don't recall seeing any replies to using it here... I do wish to leave my truck all stock but considering to pull it off after its tested and back on when test again :lol:

I was wondering about the dual port models since the foundry wasn't able to master the trickiness to improve the product outcome
could the dp spacer/adapter from a dp model be used on the 6204 to substitute the lower side for the 4x4's.

I realize you personally may not be able to answer all these ?'s :ewink but i still direct the question here as well This is the thread on off intakes & the place to ask these question :ebiggrin

Please pm me w/ the latest estimated cost & info. I do understand it may be a while, if at all, with the few inquiries on these before ordering another run....Thanks

66 Chevelle The Oldest of all the vehicles I owned

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next