LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:21 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Wait for Mokadeth to respond, he sometimes comes by the older model intakes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:49 am 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

I actually do have one older slightly used, if even used at all, intake for the '72 - '75 LUV that I happened to find online a couple years ago. It is for the Weber carb and I believe it was cast in '83. I also bought an extra accessory kit from Offy the last time I ordered a run of intakes so I would have it for this intake. The accessory kit is the 4 bolts and spacer plate. I had someone contact me who was interested in this intake last year, but I never heard back from them, so if you are interested send me a PM and I will send you some more details and see if I can find the photos I had taken of it. I usually don't really look for these older intakes since they don't usually pop up for sale and most everyone wants the #6204-CW for the '76 through '80, I just happed across it a couple years ago and I wasn't even sure when I bought it that it was even for the Weber, but Offy confirmed it was. I don't plan on ordering any of these intakes for the older LUV because there just isn't any demand. In over 6 years, you are the 2nd or 3rd person to ask about one. It would take a lifetime to sell a run of these if Offy even let me order them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:10 am 
lives at LUVTruck.com

Pm sent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:48 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I thought you picked up the earlier model intake.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:24 pm 

I only have been ordering the #6204-CW and that one time Offy let me split the run and order some of the dual port #6203-DPW. They won't let me order the dual port anymore because for the few people that would be interested, it just isn't worth their trouble because the way Offy explained it to me in the past was that the dual port were a little more tricky for the foundry to cast, so there was a higher loss rate. I think I ended up with 5 less dual port that time than I originally ordered. So I guess the few people who got a brand new dual port intake were lucky! As for the '72 - '75 intakes, I never ordered a run of those and I am not even sure whether Offy would let me order those. They probably would if they aren't the dual port models, but I wouldn't want to order them anyway unless quite a few people committed to buying one because there just doesn't seem to be much interest at all in the Offy intakes for the older LUVs. I just happened to come across this one used online a couple years ago and I wasn't even sure at the time if it was for the Weber or Holley carb. I actually do have another older used intake for the early trucks, but I am thinking it might be for the Holley carb. I don't know for sure though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:35 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

Cant wait for the intake. Does anyone know if they make headers for my 74 stock motor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:35 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I have seen a few out there before. You might be stuck with a used one if you can find them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:11 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

Just got my intake thanks man super fast shipping, now i wait for my weber.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 4:47 am 

Could you post a pick of there offy on here on there 74 LUV ? I'd like a new one but don't know what it looks like
Thanks

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:29 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

Its not on yet luckily

Attachments:
1400956102232.jpg
1400956102232.jpg [ 635.07 KiB | Viewed 21343 times ]
1400956066855.jpg
1400956066855.jpg [ 694.47 KiB | Viewed 21343 times ]
1400956026258.jpg
1400956026258.jpg [ 683.24 KiB | Viewed 21343 times ]
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 2:41 am 

Well chances are you probably won't find a new Offy intake for a '72 through '75. Offy doesn't make them anymore and I doubt they would even let me order a run. I wouldn't want to anyway, there just isn't enough interest in the Offy intakes for the older LUV. I happened to just come across this one a couple years ago. It looks like it wasn't used much. You might get lucky and come across one someday. Maybe if you ask around someone may have one stashed away? Good luck if you decide to search for one.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:43 pm 

Mokadeth, I have a Weber Redline 32/36 DGEV on my stock intake, using the clumsy adapter plates. I have a few questions about the Offys you sell:

a) Do you still have dual plane Offys available for G180s? Cost?

b) Are the Webers a direct bolt-on, no adapters?

c) Are they drilled & tapped for stock EGR?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:51 am 

Hi and thanks for the inquiry. Well right now I am all out of stock on intakes. I haven't been in any hurry to order another run just yet since demand seems to have dropped off a little over the Summer. You are only the 2nd person who has asked me about an intake now within the last 3 months. I plan on ordering more though sometime soon. It usually is 2 or 3 months lead time from when I place an order, so it will be a while yet. I don't have any dual port intakes, that was a bit of luck I guess when Offy let me order a few a couple runs ago. The last run I ordered, Offy wouldn't let me order more dual port because he said the foundry doesn't like to cast them because they are a little more tricky to cast and have a higher loss rate. I think I only ordered about a dozen of those dual port that time and I only ended up with 7 of them. Anyway, when I do order again, chances are it will just continue to be the #6204-CW intake which does bolt up to the Weber without an adapter. The intakes have been coming with the accessory kit which does include a spacer and gaskets and bolts. Over the last few years that I have been ordering intakes, Offy has always included the accessory kits with the intakes, so I always include them as well. I believe I had read in the past that many years ago other distributors would charge extra for the accessory kit. For your last question, as far as I know there are connections for all the stock stuff. I don't know about passing smog tests though. I believe that depends on where you are located and how strict the state is or your inspection station. I don't have to worry about it yet here where I live. Well if you might be interested in an intake in the future when I get more in stock, just send me a PM and I will let you know when I have more available.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:02 pm 

Mokadeth:
PLEASE add me to the pm list for an intake as well, it seems they are unobtainium through any other resource I have tried. You are the only one that has even said maybe. I am getting a Weber kit and would love to not use the adapter, and maybe gain a bit with the Offy intake. Please post an update when you might be getting closer to obtaining these jewels. Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:41 am 
LUVTruck.com Regular

mokadeath,

I p.m.'do you as well about the intakes.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:35 pm 

I'm in for one too. Weber showed up today, guess I'll fumble with the dummy adapter plates. Hopefully it goes well. Please keep posted. Just got a good deal on a 79' and am looking to make it a little more reliable. Thanks ahead if time mokadeath.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:17 pm 
Addicted to LUV

eyesore wrote:
It's been a while, but yes: there are provisions to re-install all of the emissions equipment onto the Offey that connected to the stock intake. (at least on the D/P version that I got.) Was actually a bit of a pain to find all of the correct size/pitch bolts I needed to plug all that crap up.
:twisted:

A lot of pages on this sticky to look through, but I did see eyesore post that you could add emissions equipment. I see that Eyesore is from Colorado. Has any California Luv owners installed this?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:54 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

mokadeth add me to the list of intakes do you need pay in advance before your run?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:27 pm 

tumwatertaz wrote:
The Luv's G180 1.8 engine is an overhead cam engine and it doesn't even have lifters, but I'll sell you some for it if you want. For a large fee of course. I have them on a shelf right next to my spare muffler bearings. :wink:

J/K ...lol

Like I said before in another post, if you wanna know about cams, give Delta Cams a call. They are the experts.

But before you try to replace your cam, get out a manual for your truck and read the instructions first. If you don't have one - you better beg, borrow, or steal one...lol

Then the procedure I use is this:

First get the proper piston at TDC, remove the valve cover, lock down the cam chain, zip-tie or wire the gear to the chain so that it stays in place on the chain while you are swapping out the cam, unbolt the cam gear and rocker assembly, remove your old cam, check everything for proper tolerances, make sure the locating pin for the gear is snug in the end of the new cam, use a good liberal amount of cam assembly/install lube on the new cam, install the cam and rocker assembly, install the gear on the end of the cam, remove the zip tie/wire that you used to keep it connected to the chain, unlock the timing chain, torque the cam gear and rocker assembly to spec's, re-adjust your valve clearances, replace your valve cover, and start it up keeping the idle up around 2000 rpm's for around 20 minutes or so to initially break in the cam.

Then take it easy driving it around for a few days. Next get the proper piston up on TDC, remove your valve cover, re-adjust your valve clearances again if necessary, check your torque on your cam gear and rocker assembly, replace your valve cover, and change your oil and oil filter.

Don't forget to check your ignition timing and adjust it if necessary, then pat yourself on the back, pick up your tools, shut the hood, go get cleand up to go raise hell around town...lol

Oh yeah...one more thing. A nice little trick I do when changing a valve cover gasket on my truck's engine is to take the little rubber half moons that go in each end of the head (and that the valve cover gasket sets on) and flip them upside down and apply a little silicone-based gasket sealant to the ridges so that they won't leak after you install them and the valve cover with it's gasket. A lot of G series engines have a slight leak there, and that fixes it. But don't put silicone on the valve cover gasket or it will leak. Just put the valve cover gasket on dry after you've cleaned up your vave cover and head surface where the gasket seals first.

I'm sure I probably missed something or maybe I goofed somewhere, and if I did I apologize. It's late and I had a long day. Hopefully someone else will jump in and add to this, but if they don't, if you read your manual first and keep it handy, you should be just fine.

Hope all of that helps ya! Good luck!

Attachments:
File comment: Is this fine as the sealent even though its not silicone based?
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.35 MiB | Viewed 20962 times ]
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:47 pm 

Mokadeth wrote:
Yes I have plenty of the #6204-CW intakes left and the Weber 32/36 bolts directly to the intake without an adapter. There are spacers and bolts and a fitting that comes with each intake and they are in the pictures if you look back a couple pages in this thread. I have a few of the #6203-DPW dual port intakes as well, but they are all supposed to be spoken for unless someone who wanted one of those backs out. Mostly the 4x4 owners wanted those. Sending a PM with details.

Do u still sell these intakes i want to buy the #6204-CW, let me know, Thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next