LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:28 pm 
PITA Old Fart

FYI...The weber 38/38 mounts the same as the 32/36...so it will fit too.

So basically, for a stock 1.8 - use the 32/36...and for a built 1.8 (bored out w/a cam, header, etc.), Impulse 1.9, 2.0, 2.3, or a newer 2.6 - use the 38/38 for maximum performance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:13 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

I had no idea of the benefits of this intake. Thanks for all the helpful info. I would most definitely be interested in adding this to my list of performance parts to add to my truck. Unfortunately, as i said, I cannot afford to sign up for an intake just yet. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:35 am 

can you put me half way on the list? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:03 am 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

Thanks again for the clarification tumwatertaz. Much appreciated. :D I will put you on the list babyblueluv and when I get them I will ask you then if you are ready for one. Thanks again to everyone who has let me know they will be interested or in the near future. It helps to give me a better idea on how many of these are wanted. I am going to try to call Offenhauser today, I have been busy the last 2 days and was unable to get a chance to call them. I will update when I get more info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:46 am 

Just to let everyone know, I have not forgotton about the manifolds. After still not hearing anything from Offenhauser or receiving the info they were supposed to mail me, I called them again Tuesday afternoon. Once again they apoligized for not getting the info to me or calling me back. The guy said the secretary lady must not have sent out the info packet and he was going to send it himself. He said he would be calling me. So we will see I guess, just have to wait some more. I am really starting to get pissed with them already. I will definitely keep everyone posted as I get more info. I was hoping to have these sometime in July, but now as time keeps ticking by it looks like it might be more like August. As soon as I hear anything or receive the info packet, I will post it here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:37 am 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

I would say put me down for one but ive got an issue with fitting a weber to an Isuzu motor.

The primary is on the wrong side of the carb. If you turn the carb around then the fuel bowl is on the wrong end of the carb. Is this correct???

What cars are you guys getting the carbs off??? All the cars we got here had the carbs on the other side of the motor. Technically they are the wrong carb for an Isuzu motor.

If you had been buying in the dual plane 4bbl manifold i would have bought two. (ive got an old magazine article on one of these manifolds)
Hands up who wants a 4bbl manifold......................... :smt006

If you can use an EFI manifold off an Impulse 2.0 Turbo/2.3L or off a 2.6L on a G161Z-G180Z-G200Z im pretty sure that with a few simple mods you could make it work the other way around.

You would have to block the water bypass hole in the manifold next to runner No 4. And check the runners are big enough. Heater hoses plumb up similar enough. (thats if this manifold has water passages)
Only issue with the 2.3/2.6L head would be the spot in the centre of the head for the mechanical fuel pump and drain back. Its covered by the EFI manifold on the 2.6L but its still there.

Cheers, Bob.

Chasing parts for Isuzu Impulse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:46 pm 
PITA Old Fart

Quote:
The primary is on the wrong side of the carb. If you turn the carb around then the fuel bowl is on the wrong end of the carb. Is this correct???

Nope. It must be a USA right hand side of the road driving v.s. an Australian left hand side of the road driving thing....I guess.

I used to run into this kind of stuff all of the time, back when I still owned and operated my old auto repair shop, when I would replace a bad engine in a japanese-made car for a customer that was sold here in the usa with a used crate engine that came from Japan.

Like yours do in Australia, their cars all have the steering wheel on the right side of the car, so none of the intake/exhaust stuff, throttle linkage, or emissions connections would work. Their carbs were completely backwards for our use and wouldn't work either.

If someone that was trying to do this at home screwed up and returned their old broken-down engine to the junkyard (usually to avoid a $50.00-$100.00 core charge, depending on the junkyard) before they pulled their old intake manifold or exhaust manifold off, and if they didn't set the two engines side-by-sides to compare them so they could swap all of the necessary parts to make it all work right before they turned in their old engine, then they were pretty much screwed.

It caused me to occasionally have some real difficult conversations with local junkyard owners trying to convince them to be nice enough to let me get the customer's stuff off of his old engine (without paying for it all) that he mistakingly had already turned in, and that the junkyard now legally owned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:16 pm 

If there was enough demand for the dual plane model I would get those as well, but most everyone wants the 6204 model, so that is what I am ordering. They are supposed to send me information on all 3 models anyway, so we will see what I get if they ever send it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:10 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

anything new? just wondering... dang i cant wait! :lol:
so can you give us an address where to send the money when you get the manifolds?
thanks again, Jared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:53 am 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

Sorry but i cant say i get the demand, an adapter plate and a bit of work on the std manifold will get you a similar result. Note i said similar.

Basically all the cars/motors sold here with Weber carbs have the carb on the RH side of the motor looking from the front. Put it on a motor that has the carb on the LH side and its all bum about.

What carb/car are you using????

Bob.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:03 pm 
PITA Old Fart

Basically, the standard Isuzu intake manifold, even with an adapter plate, that annoying tube that connects the intake to the exhaust plugged off, all of the other smog-related fittings and connectors plugged off and/or removed, and with the EGR plugged off, has a lot worse flow and cooling than an offy, plus is prone to leaks around the adapter plates when using a weber.

The offy 6204 model is a cleaner looking intake, is custom-designed for better flow and better cooling, needs no adapter plate to bolt on a weber, does not have the EGR connections, smog-related fittings and connections, or that fitting for that annoying exhaust-to-intake tube, plus it is designed a little better where it bolts up to the head to help eliminate breakage around the bolt holes at the ends and to help prevent any warpage. Their design, engineering, casting, and machine work has always been first-class IMHO.

If anyone wants to do a search about offenhauser products here:

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:YvaB4tnb6D0J:store.summitracing.com/sitemap2.asp%3FN%3D700%2B115%2B400429+offenhauser&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us

or even on ebay:

http://search.ebay.com/offenhauser_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40

they will find that an offy intake/weber carb combination has been used for racing or high-performance applications here in the USA for years on the Isuzu 1.8, 1.9, and 2.0 engines. An offy/weber combination also has been used on Datsun/Nissan, Toyota, Volkswagon, and a ton of other 4-cylinder and 6-cylinder applications. In addition, offy has made many intakes for V8 engines, and some V6's using many other carbs too for a long time. They also have a lot of other products other than intakes that they custom-make for similar applications.

As for weber, they have been in the carb business for a long time too. They have been making superior products for just about any type of engine for many years. If anyone wants to know more about them, they can look here:

http://www.redlineweber.com/

or do an ebay search:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=weber+carb&category0=

All things considered, you would be hard pressed to find anyone in the USA that has seriously been into high performance, racing, or off-roading for any substantial length of time that hasn't used an offy or weber product or at least competed against somebody that has.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:48 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

Thats all well and nice.

What model carb is used on this intake???

DGV????

Its not the right one for the motor.

DFV is the right one its the mirror image.

Dont get me wrong im not knocking the product or whats trying to be done here (group buy). Im just saying unless its spot on i dont want to throw my coin in.
I need more info.

Bob.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:28 am 

1st off, to answer off road LUVer's question, yeah, I will let you know my address to send payment when we get to that point. It would probably be best to do that via e-mail or PM for security purposes for all of us. No need to have all of our mailing addresses posted all over the forums. And 2nd, I wish I could answer rodeobob's question, but I am just not familiar with the KB setup. We do know that this manifold will work with the DGV Weber. I hope someone else here can add their knowledge to this thread to help answer your questions. I would think just about anything can be accomplished if you want to make the modifications. I am sure there must be an adaptor for this setup and if not, maybe one can be made? Maybe someone here can take some measurements or send some pics of their manifolds. I am supposed to be receiving some pics from Offenhauser, but not sure how detailed they will be. And actually, once I receive the manifolds, I can take some close up pics of them and some measurements and send them to you so maybe you will be able to make heads or tails of it? Hopefully you will get your questions answered. I wish I could give you more info, but this is all I have for now. Once again, I will keep everyone updated as I get more info. Have a good holiday weekend!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:38 am 
PITA Old Fart

Normally, since the weber 38/38 mounts the same as the 32/36, it would be one of those, dependng on which of the different G series Isuzu engines are used.

The most common models being the "one-wire" electric choke versions - 32/36 for a stock 1.8 and the larger 38/38 for the built 1.8, Impulse 1.9 or Pup 2.0 engines. The manual choke versions of those weber models are just as capable too.

If you go into the information section on the front page of this site, there is all of the weber info I personally donated and Ben put in there for everyone here to use.

You can download it all for free here:

http://www.luvtruck.com/pdf/Weber_files.exe

or here:

http://www.luvtruck.com/pdf/Weber_files.zip

I hope this all helps you Bob...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:39 am 
Addicted to LUV

Just to toss my 2 cents in i am going to be installing an Offy duel quad manifold on my Buick motor pretty quick. Dual AFBs modified Edelbrock linkage, just nee to get a couple of hoses made up,and air filters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:05 am 
Addicted to LUV

This may have been covered in a previous post,
but what differnces are you going to see using a offy intake with a weber,
vs just getting a adapter plate with a weber on the stock intake?

"When all else fails, follow the directions".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:23 pm 
PITA Old Fart

Switching to an Offy intake will give you better flow, better cooling, no leaks, no chance of breakage or warpage and a heck of a cleaner looking engine....plus you will add a little more horsepower under the hood.

The stock Isuzu intake IMHO is one of the worst designed for performance around, and is a poorly casted, poorly designed, and poorly machined POS, just like all of the japanese stock 4-banger intakes were in the 70's and 80's.

They matched their horrible hitachi carbs...lol

If you were to set the 2 side by side and compare them, you would notice the difference immediately. Even the quality of the metal used to cast the Offy is better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:40 am 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

I still dont see the point spending money for a good manifold to bolt to your motor and putting on the wrong carb. Thats a DGV. The DFV is the right carb to use on a LHS carb motor.
You might as well keep the std manifold and the wrong carb.

Bring on the 4 bbl.

Bob.

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:02 am 
Addicted to LUV

Not sure I follow ya rodeo...

Far as I can tell, my carb is a DGV and the primary is in the same posistion as the stock was. And my throttle linkage is clockwise.

FIAA: Color Guard

Last edited by 79-LUV'r on Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:25 am 
PITA Old Fart

(Sigh) I give up. :?

Like the guy that played the Sherrif said about the guy Paul Newman played in the movie "Cool hand Luke":

"What we have here is a failure to communicate." :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33  Next