LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:48 am 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

Already had you on my list. 8) Actually, anyone that mentioned they would want one or in the future I have counted just so I can try and have a rough idea how many people want one. I haven't got the spec sheets from them yet, so I will be contacting them again within the next day or 2. I will keep everyone updated on what I find out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:29 am 
LUVTruck.com Regular

I put a link to this sticky thread on OzGemini board to hopefully add some more to the potential customer base & get these made!
I want 1 but don't put me on the li$t ju$t yet :roll:
They had a 1.6 in the Holden Gemini (76-84) which was our RWD Isuzu I-mark that got a G180Z (81-84 1/2).
They're all G-series so I think it works but trying to get a confirmation.
Alot of 1.8 & 2.0 transplants down there(Australia) so even if the 1.6 won't take it there is still gonna be some interest.
They asked for pix. I tried a search for :? (big breath)
Offenhauser/Offy/6204/Isuzu/Weber/Luv in any & all combos
on Summit, ebay, google image, & some other sites but I can't find 1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:51 am 

I still have not received the info yet. I am going to get ahold of them now within the next couple days and see why I haven't received the literature yet. It should have been here by now. Anyway, when I get the info I will scan it and post it all here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:02 am 

I spoke with Offenhauser today (I tried on Friday and Monday but they must have been closed due to the holiday), and they are going to be getting the specs out to me on the manifolds. I guess they aren't going to be quite as detailed as I had hoped, but we will see when it comes. I guess he just has some simple diagrams and he was going to try and find a couple pictures. I did ask if I could order some of each type, but as I figured, that wouldn't be possible because when the foundry does a run it will be all one type. Most everyone wants the 6204 anyway, so it wouldn't be very feasible to get a run of each of the 3 types. The other two types they used to make were a dual plane manifold and a 4 barrel manifold. Someone asked me if I could get a mixed batch, so that answers the question. So hopefully I receive the info by the end of the week so I can scan it and post it here. As for a more definite price, that I still am not 100% sure on. Apparently when he gave me an approx. price when I had talked to him last, it was based on the old price and since they hadn't done a run in a while it will be a little higher :( . So now the price he quoted me is about $10 more. He said that it should be pretty close because he is comparing the price to a similar manifold that they make for the Toyotas, but he won't know exactly until he places the order with the foundry. Anyway, I will let everyone know what the exact price is when I get the accurate quote from them. I am hoping we can get these ordered within the next couple weeks. So if all goes well I can have them in stock hopefully by late June or at the latest, early July. I will keep everyone updated as I receive more information. Also, for the person who asked if it would work with a 2.3, we are still not sure on that. He said it might be possible if the gasket matches and you would probably have to move some water hoses and things around to make it all work. Maybe someone else here has tried this setup and can let us know? If you guys have any other questions let me know and I will try to get them answered for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:29 am 
PITA Old Fart

Thanks bunch!

We will all be waiting, just droolin" away...lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:33 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

Put me down for one for the G180.

Thanks for doing the leg work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:42 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

hey Mokadeth, where do i send my money to? or will you send me a bill or something, just hope you clarify that for me and others who buy the intake manifold from you. thanks!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:53 pm 
Addicted to LUV

looking for one for my 1.8 and total with shipping to 93257 thanks

86 1-ton 4x crewcab short bd 15"lift
75 k-5 2x
94 king cab

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:07 pm 
PITA Old Fart

Definitely count me in!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:47 am 

I have you guys on the list and I will definitely let everyone know how much and where and when to send payment. I am starting to get a little upset with them. I still have not received the information that they were supposed to be mailing out to me and I want to get this rolling because I know you guys want them as soon as possible, especially with Summer on its way! I had already planned on calling them again Monday and finding out what is up. I will post an update as soon as I find out any more info. Thank you all for your patience, it will be worth it to keep these from becoming obsolete, and believe me, I am really trying to get this moving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:18 am 

Well I called them again today (Monday) and the guy I have been dealing with apologized that he had not got the info out to me. He said he was putting on the top of his list and would get the info out in the mail to me. Also he said I would be getting a call from him soon with the info that I need so I can send them a check. He was 99% sure the price that he quoted me this last time was going to be pretty close, so hopefully the price of aluminum doesn't skyrocket or anything! I will keep everyone updated as I get more info. Once they get my payment and the manifolds are ordered it will just be a waiting game until the foundry gets them made and Offenhauser gets their machining done on them. So as they told me before, it could go quick and be as little as 5 weeks, or it could go slow and be as much as 9 weeks, but probably between 6 and 8 weeks. So if things get moving over the next week or so, we are still probably looking at later in June or early July that I get them in stock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:52 am 
PITA Old Fart

:D :D :D :D :D :D :!:

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:30 am 
Addicted to LUV

July'ish works great for me...

Thanks again for taking the reins on this.

FIAA: Color Guard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:46 pm 
Addicted to LUV

thats cool at lest we have something to look forward to instead of not at all :lol: to keep these from becoming obsolete i don't mind the wait lol

86 1-ton 4x crewcab short bd 15"lift
75 k-5 2x
94 king cab

Post subject: intake
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:51 am 

I would like one also

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:43 pm 

I will put you down on the list too. As for any new info, nothing. :( I am really starting to get pissed. It is almost 2 weeks now since I last heard from them and still no phone calls or the info they were supposed to mail me. I tried to call Friday afternoon and no answer. I am going to try and call again this week. I will definitely let everyone know when I find out more. This should have been all set up already a month ago. Sorry for delays, but it isn't on my end. It will be worth it I guess when we get them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:14 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

its ok we understand, its better to wait for one than not get one at all! Also thanks a lot for doing all the work and keeping after offy to get things done. I really appreciate it, and Im sure everyone else does! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:07 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

Forgive me if I have missed it, but what exactly will the benefits of this intake be versus using an adapter for the weber on a stock intake? If we are talking about a significant difference, then I would be most definitely interested in getting one in the future. I would have you put me on the list now, but I'm still working out some details trying to get my truck cosmetically fininshed, hopefully by the end of the month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:25 am 
PITA Old Fart

The 6204 Offy intake manifold is way better than any POS stock Isuzu intake. It's custom made for racing applications, comes without any of the smog stuff's connectors, has way better flow/cooling, and does not need any adapter to bolt on a Weber carb.

Offy is the only manufacturer of a custom hand-machined and hand-polished intake ever made for an Isuzu 1.8, 1.9, or 2.0.

They were sold exclusively by Summit Racing untill recently, when due to poor sales, (largely due to Summit's very poor job of marketing them), Offy decided to quit making them. Since the foundry that Offy uses to cast them requires a minimum of 25 to be made at a time, Mokadeth contacted them and has graciously arranged to order 25 of them so we can all still get one from him.

We are all just waiting for Offy to get their butts in gear and get moving forward so they can be shipped to Mokadeth and we can start ordering them from him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:07 am 

Very well put! Exactly what I would have said Tumwatertz. 8) But I might have added that I don't think every Weber carb will bolt up directly without an adaptor to the Offy 6204. But the popular Weber 32/36 carb will bolt up to the Offy 6204 directly. Still no word from Offenhauser yet. I hope I hear something soon. I will try to call them in the next day or 2 again if I don't hear anything.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next