LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 33  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:29 am 
lives at LUVTruck.com

if your running the 180 head than you should be more than good, but im not sure, if you got the 200 head, that you will be able to safely shave it enough.. mabye though i havent looked much into the g200's
-Dustinicus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:44 pm 

wouldnt a little bit more displacement help if i had a better cam and carb?(also have had a hedman header on it since 1990 or so) maybe if i could fab up an electric supercharger or sumthing like that.
how much would the offy offsett the lack of compression if at all?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:51 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

i dont think you will have a lack of compression per se, because the g200 has bigger valves, correct me if im wrong, but i dont think youll notice a big difference in the heads, especially if you shave the g200. but thats just my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:48 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

i sure would like to get in on this ofy 6204 intake manifold deal if it still has a chance to go thru i i wouldnt have a problem with somebody making nice profit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:45 am 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

I know I haven't posted much recently, but I haven't really got much to say yet as it I am still awaiting a call from him with the details on when and where I need to send the check to. I did talk to them a week or so ago when he told me I would be hearing from him and he mailed out the info he had, which I did receive! It isn't a whole lot, and the only pics he had are of the 6204-C (for the Holley carbs) and some info from a previous catalog. I will try to get these things scanned and posted here for more informational purposes. I figure If I don't hear anything in a few more days then I will be calling them again. I will most definitely let everyone know when I find out more. I don't know why the guy I have to deal with is such a putz. We should have had these manifolds a couple months ago already. Believe me, I have been talking to them. And easyhour, are you interested in one of the manifolds when they become available? If so I will add you to the list. As for making a nice profit, not really. I am mostly trying to help all of us out. I will make a few bucks for my time and trouble, but if it was all about making a ton of money I would have told them off a while ago. I will actually be charging right around shop price, which is about $80 less than retail. Anyway, I will try to get the info I did receive posted here and I will keep everyone up to date when I get more info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:02 pm 
PITA Old Fart

Well at least you got the info...so let's hope they contact soon you so you can finally place the order!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:50 am 

Yeah, at least my bugging finally got him to send me what info they had. I pretty much wanted, or did inform him that I wanted to place the order from day one. It is just bullshit on their end. They have to contact me so I can send the deposit so they can place the order with the foundry. But apparently according to him, he had been in contact with the foundry and they are aware that we will be placing the order. So I am still just waiting on them once again for the info on when and where to send the check. I will keep everyone informed as I find out more. In the meantime I will try and get those couple pics and info pages scanned in the next few days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:25 pm 

Well, I just spoke to Offenhauser again and the guy told me that he would be getting in touch with me soon as the foundry will be getting ready to do the run. He said they were a little backlogged and he doesn't want to take any money from me until the order for the run was placed and becoming reality. So hopefully things will be happening very soon. I will keep everyone updated as I find out more.

Post subject: ofy intake manifold
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:23 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

mokadeth sorry it has taken me so long to reply but you bet i want one of those manifolds you let me know when and how much money you need

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:41 pm 

No problem. I will add you to the list. It is taking longer to get these than it took for your reply! It will be worth the wait though I guess. I still haven't heard back from them yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:11 am 

Well I have tried to call Offenhauser 3 different days this week and it just keeps ringing and ringing. So maybe they are on vacation this week? Who knows, but I will continue to try to contact them and see what is up. I still can't believe it is taking this long to get these. This has been in the works since March. I will continue to keep everyone updated as I find out more. I wish it was better news. Hopefully someday soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:10 am 
Step-side Guru

here is an idea, where is the office and which one of us luv members lives closest to them maybe someone should go there and have a little meeting of the minds face to face

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:49 pm 

I don't know. I really wouldn't want to piss them off either. Maybe it does take some time to get this arranged, but to me it seems like it could have been done by now. I will try to call again Monday and see if I get anywhere then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:50 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Next time you talk to them tell them you have Edelbrock waiting in the wings to build them for you. Maybe that will light a fire under them.

But then again, it could make them mad and forget the whole thing. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:11 am 

lol :lol: That just might work! Did Edelbrock make an intake manifold for the LUV? If so, then I might not be lying if I told them that I have them waiting for an order!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:33 am 
Addicted to LUV

I don't know if they did or not. Probably not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:39 am 

Well I tried to get in touch with the guy again this Friday. I got the other guy and he said the guy that I have been dealing with is on the other line and to maybe call back in 5 minutes. So I called back in 5-10 minutes and the same guy answered again and said he had left for the day. So now I have to wait until Tuesday! :evil: I asked the guy I talked to if there was anyone else that could maybe help me get these ordered and he said no that the guy I have been dealing with is the one I will have to deal with. This is getting very aggravating already! I can't understand why they are dicking around so much! I will post more info when I get it. Sorry once again that it isn't good news.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:47 am 
Step-side Guru

ok so tuesday everyone that wants one start calling them and email them
maybe then they will see that people still want one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:49 am 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

ya good idea i think that will either piss em off or theyl get em done fast, i want a set too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:14 am 

Not sure if it would help or not, but anything is worth a try. I did ask the guy I ended up talking to if the guy I need to talk to was avoiding me. He said no, he is just busy. So maybe they are really busy, but still, after this long we should have had them by now. My guess is that these manifolds aren't their largest order, so it won't get priority. I will certainly try once again to get in touch with the guy this week, and hopefully he gets the message I left with the other guy. Hope everyone has a good holiday!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 33  Next