LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:08 pm 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

No, these intakes are the the same as all the other runs, they are the #6204-CW for the stock G series motors and they are designed to bolt up directly to the Weber carb. There are plenty of photos back a few pages in this thread. The last run I ordered Offy let me split the run and order some of the dual port intakes, a few of the 4x4 owners were interested in those. That was a lucky thing I guess because Offy won't let me order those anymore since they are more tricky to cast and there is a higher loss rate, plus that foundry that cast the last run closed and they are now working with another foundry they deal with. There really wasn't a whole lot of difference between the two intakes anyway and there is only so much you can get out of the stock motors. I always ask if there is any interest in the other intakes, but there just never is enough to warrant ordering a full run of the others because most everyone wants the #6204-CW anyway. I am not even sure if Offy would let me order any of those other intakes they used to make years ago. Well I hope this answers your questions. Everything is here in this thread, just do a little browsing and you should find everything you need to know.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:04 am 
Addicted to LUV

Oh, OK, the dual port is what I was thinking of. I already am running a #6204-CW that I got from you, so I know what it looks like very well. :lol: Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:14 pm 

Yeah, I guess you do know then. That is all I have now. Last time a very lucky 6 people ended up getting a dual port. I kept one for myself for possible future use. There is a whole bunch of photos of all the intakes they ever made on those Offy book scans and photos we all posted a few years ago. Back about page 8 or so of this thread and there are the more recent photos back a few pages.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:08 pm 

I had a 1980 Luv with a 1.8 Litre Engine. It had an Offenhauser Dual Port Intake, Weber Progressive 2-Barrel Carb, It was bored out, had a header and was very quick for suck a small truck. Sadly someone bought it from me and decided he could outrun the police with it and totalled it.
Attachment:
File comment: This is a picture of my old truck.
My Old Truck.jpg
My Old Truck.jpg [ 100.25 KiB | Viewed 11644 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:40 pm 

That was a nice looking truck! My favorite color as well. Welcome to the forum.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:40 pm 

Thanks. Yeah I loved that little truck. I've been looking for a 79 or 80 model so I could build a twin to that one. That was the only little 4 banger truck in town that could lay 160 of blackmark taking off. :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:42 pm 

Whoops I meant 160 feet.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:12 am 

I just posted this over in the classified section and I thought I would also mention it here since it is the Offy thread. It is a #6059-DPW dual port intake for the Weber carb and is for the '72 through '75 stock G series motors. PM me for details or questions.

http://forums.luvtruck.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26747

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:30 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

I searched around but couldn't find info on what the holes are tapped at so I figured I'd ask here. It looks like the 3 large holes are tapped at 1/2", the medium size hole looks to be 3/8" and the two smaller holes look like 1/8". Am I correct on this or are they tapped metric? The auto parts store only has standard of course so that's all I could compare to. Also, what are people using for the 90 degree heater hose coming out the top?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:47 pm 

These are tapped with SAE pipe thread holes and I am using pipe plugs. All you need to do for the heater hose fitting is to go to NAPA and buy a pipe thread elbow to thread into your intake and buy a 5/8" heater hose fitting for the other end. :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:32 am 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Woot! I was one of the lucky 6!!! :D I do feel very special to have one of these.
Just wanted to reiterate here how pleased I am with my intake.
These are a really nice piece. And, in addition to looking great, they work really well too.
I put a weber 32/36 on my stock intake, and noticed minor improvements.... adding this intake made the most
noticable gain of any single mod I have done yet.
Get you one!

And a big thank you again to Mokadeath for doing us this service. It is appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:11 am 

Thanks for the kind words and I am glad you are happy with the intake! I have never had any complaints and it has been over 5 years since I took these on. Here I thought the Weber was the most noticeable performance upgrade, I guess I was wrong! I haven't had my own trucks done yet, so I can't say.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:23 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

I'm more than happy to throw some kind words your way. You deserve them.

My stock carb was in very good shape having been recently rebuilt, so the improvement I felt with the Weber swap was diminished somewhat. Most notably better throttle response and it needed less throttle overall. I'm sure if you were upgrading from a well used stock carb, the gains would be bigger.
With the Offey, I noticed an actual improvement in the "butt dyno". Actually felt like it pulled harder, and had more guts at the top end, and doesn't struggle to do 80 on the highway now. With just the Weber it still got wheezy at speed.
(The standard intake may be somewhat different, but I am at altitude in Denver too, so I needed the torque of the DP over the HP gains of the standard, but got HP too.)
If you can get away without strict emissions, pick one of these up everyone. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:11 pm 

Thanks Mokadeth finally got the Offy installed yesterday. Really appreciate the effort you went through to get these intakes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:37 am 

Glad to hear! Hopefully you didn't have too much trouble with the installation and I hope you are happy with the little bit extra performance.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:01 am 

Installation went fairly smooth, Hopefully I can fire it up before Friday and maybe sneek a couple laps around the block.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:49 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

You still in the manifold business? :-)

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:14 pm 

Yes, I still have plenty of intakes in stock. PM sent.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:28 am 
lives at LUVTruck.com

Mokadeth wrote:
Yes, I still have plenty of intakes in stock. PM sent.

Awesome, I'll be in touch!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:34 pm 

Hi,
I am new to this forum but i saw that you have the offy intakes. And was wondering if you still have them and what the price is. Thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 33  Next