LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:11 pm 

So did anyone finally scoop up the last of the intakes? I am looking for one and haven't had any luck yet.

Chuck

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:51 am 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

I have only one left right now and 2 other guys said they wanted it, but I have not heard back from them. Just yesterday a 3rd guy now wants an intake and I said he could have it if I don't hear back from the other 2 guys in a few days. I am going to be ordering more soon and I can let you know as soon as I get them back in stock. It will be about 4-6 weeks lead time from when I order them just so you know. I will be talking to Offy soon, so if there is a back log with the foundry like last time and it will take longer, I will let everyone know. I doubt it though because last time the foundry was merging with another one. I also plan on ordering more of the #6203-DPW dual port intakes. The 4x4 owners have been interested in those and I continue to have some interest in them. I will post updates when I talk to Offy and when I get any updates from them.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:53 pm 

Sounds good to me. I can wait until you get the next order. I will certainly take one when you get them in.

thanks Chuck

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:38 am 

Sounds good. I will definitely let everyone know when I talk to Offy and when I have updates on the next order of intakes and when they will be due to arrive. I did hear back from the 1st guy who wanted the last intake and he plans on taking it. Hope everyone has a good holiday!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:07 am 

Well I talked to Offy Tuesday and put in another order. It should be about 4-6 weeks, but I will let everyone know anyway when I get updates. The foundry they deal with now just had a price increase, but he said he will talk to them and see what he can do to keep it at the previous price. Again, I will let everyone know when I know more. The other thing I found out which sucks is the foundry that they were dealing with at the time of my last order closed a month or so after I had received my last order and the foundry they deal with now won't cast any of the dual port intakes. Even if I wanted to order a full run of dual port, unfortunately it just won't happen. One of the reasons is they are more tricky to cast and there is a higher loss rate. I heard him mention something about the alloy that is used too, but we didn't get into specifics on that, just that they won't do the dual port. So I guess the people who got them were very lucky. The #6204-CW is pretty similar anyway and is what most everyone wanted and was all I ever could get in the beginning, so that is how it will be now again I guess. I will post more updates as I hear more and when it gets closer to the time when I will know when the order will be shipped.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:28 am 
Addicted to LUV

Hey, Mokadeth.

I have no use for these intakes, but I just wanted to thank you for taking it upon yourself to do this. I know it takes you a long time to get your investment back, and you really can't expect to profit from this. It's just cool that one of our members put up the cash to do this himself, and even as demand has slowed down so much - ordered more. You're a good guy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:14 pm 

DITTO!!! He's deserves a lot of credit!!! Got me mine!!!! :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:10 pm 

Thanks for the kind words! I am certainly not getting rich from the intakes and I am just happy to be able to afford taking on the investment and keeping these available for all of us. It is too bad I won't be able to get any more dual port, there seemed to be enough interest in those to get more. Even with the bad economy I don't think demand has changed much with the intakes. They just trickle along and find homes at a snail's pace. About every couple years it has been that I have placed an order.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:21 pm 

Hi there. Newb here buy I've been really learning a lt from this site. I'm looking for an Offy 6204. I want to get a weber 32/36 as well. Looks like the weber won't be hard to find but do you have any of the offys available? How much? Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:57 am 

I am out of stock right now, but they are on order. I am not sure how long it will be yet, I haven't heard back from Offy now in a couple weeks or more, but I did tell him to put the order in. It usually is a 4-6 week lead time. He will call me once they get the castings back from the foundry, so I will know more then. I will let everyone know when I get the intakes back in stock again.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:22 pm 

Well I talked to Offy today and it looks like I won't be getting my next order until sometime in September. He informed me that because this is always a special order and each intake has to be pressure tested because of its design, it takes a little longer. Also this is their busy time of year and it is a different foundry than they were dealing with the last time I ordered. That is why they won't do any more dual port intakes, that foundry that cast them closed down and the foundry they deal with now won't cast them since they have a higher attrition rate because the dual port are more tricky to cast. Also he informed me that unfortunately there will be about a 10% price increase from the last time. I tried to negotiate with him, but it just can't be helped I guess with the ever increasing costs of production and materials. Well that is about it for now I guess. He will be letting me know when they receive the raw castings from the foundry and once they get done machining and testing them. I will certainly post updates when I find out more as I have always done in the past. If anyone is interested in one when I get the order in, let me know and I will contact you when the time comes. I do still have the contact info for the last 2 or 3 people who wanted an intake right after I ran out of stock. I guess I will really need to start ordering these a few months before I run out, but it is hard to determine how long it will take to get an order and how many people will want an intake in that time frame. If anyone has any questions feel free to message me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:13 am 

Very interested, let me know when these are available again.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:21 pm 

I will post updates as I hear more and I will let everyone know once I have the intakes. It should probably be within a couple months. The intakes are for the '76 through '80 stock motors. I don't know if the 75 in your forum name is a reference to what you have? I am sure they can be made to work with the older stock motors if adapters are made. I don't know if there would be enough interest in intakes for the '72 through '75 trucks or if Offy would even consider allowing them to be made, but I can certainly look into it if enough people would want them.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:21 am 

I had a message from Offy Friday afternoon, but I wasn't home. I guess they have the raw castings back from the foundry, so it shouldn't be too much longer now. Probably 2 or 3 weeks. I believe it takes them a week or so to machine them and test them, then the shipping time. I will probably give him a call back early in the week and I will post more updates when I hear more.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:46 pm 

Well I talked to Offy Friday and they do have the intakes and they are still in the process of machining them and then probably pressure testing them, so it shouldn't be too long now. Probably should be on track for sometime in September, most likely I will hear from him again after the holiday when the order is all ready to be shipped. I will post more updates when hear back from him and I will message everyone who was interested in an intake.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:14 pm 

put me in line... ready to pull the trigger.. how many are you expecting?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:50 am 

I'll let you know when I have them in stock. There will be plenty, there aren't that many people who want one right away. I guessing probably in a couple weeks I should have them. I will post updates when I hear from Offy again which will probably be after the holiday.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:23 pm 

Offy called today to let me know that the intakes are all ready to go and they will probably be shipping them out Friday. I expect to get them in about a week. I will let everyone know once I have them in stock.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:21 am 

I have the intakes back in stock and everything looks good. I will be contacting all the people who wanted one over the new few days. If anyone else is interested just let me know and I will message you all the details.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:40 am 
Addicted to LUV

Now this run of manifolds are different than the first run, correct? What are these set up for? Pics?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 33  Next