LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 5:01 pm 
350cfm Holley 2bbl probs. Alright this is the 1.8L Chevy luv of my buddys, problem is when you lightly touch the gas it will hesitate and buck and if you mash the gas and hold it it will do the same thing. I thought it was feeding too much fuel, so jetted it down 45 40, also checked accel. pump and timing. Im stumpped on this one, think it could be vaccumm related? I would get out my vaccumm gauge but he seemed to have blocked off all the intake ports, the only place I could do it off of is the carb, would that get a good reading? Also theres about 1.5 inches of spacers between the carb and intake. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Eric

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:25 pm 
Vacume related might be true! Check the shaft on your distributer.Could be that it is worn enough to cause woble and set off your vacume and timeing. I had one do that! Also sand the sides of your carb raise and run it ...if you see any discoloration after that ..remove some of your spacers and resett your dwell and idol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:41 pm 
Thanks for the input, how might I check the shaft for wear? If I grab the rotor and it wiggles back and forth can I assume it is worn? Also how much wear is tolerable? Thanks again.

Eric

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:17 am 
this space for rent

i would say vac prods too. Also may whant to do a tune up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 7:28 am 
You should be able to tell if you loosen it.Thats what i noticed on mine. I then pulled it out and i could really tell it wasent as tight as it should be. I ordered one from the auto parts store and checked it and it was alot tighter, with no play in it ...so i bought it and its been runing great for 2 years now.Another thing..make sure your vacume lines are all in there corect place..these 1.8s are very air sensative.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:01 am 
i dont know a hell of alot about the 1.8 its self but, if it is a vac leak take some b-12 or something to that effect and spray around the intake and shit if it idles way down u found where its leaking and u can fix the problem.

later

E

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 2:24 pm 
this space for rent

you may whant to look at the gaskets at the base of the carb. Have someone rev it and watch for gas and air bubles at the base of the carb. My f-150 is doing this, worht a shot.