LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 1.8 pull?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:05 am 
Anyone out there ever have any trouble seperating the engine from the transmision? The truck is a 80 4x4 LUV. I can only get them seperated about a quarter of an inch. I have pulled many engines before,but never a luv 1.8.Do i need to hold my lip a certain way???? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 12:31 pm 
Addicted to LUV

check down on the left side of the oil pan. mine had the clutch cable running thru the dipstick bracket. but mine is 2wd so it may be diffrent.

All I need is my weed, women, and wine. -Edge City Outlaws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:30 pm 
Thanks Larp , but i have removed that allready.any other good sujestions might be of help!{anybody}?? :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 3:25 pm 
did you take the two bottom bolts out sometimes covered in road grime!!! watch out youll bend your stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 6:19 pm 
Yes i did take out the two bottom bolts.I do believe that it is not seperating as much on the bottom. In the chiltons manual it talks about two bottom bolts..or three on another model.I remember on some big blocks you have to remove the clutch fork.Would this be true for this 1.8?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:59 pm 
Hey John,

If I remember right theres a dust cover on the bottom of the tranny that will snag when you try to pull the motor, Mine is an 81 4x4 should be bout the same.
Hope this helps...

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:55 am 
Do you mean in front of the tranny? If so i have removed the shield in front bottom. You think that i could remove the bolts from the clutch pressure plate to get it free,and then reasemble the plate?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 2:35 pm 
Hey John, Thats the cover I meant(Front bottom), If you can get the pressure plate off/loose it should help, Also did you try to jack the tranny up and down to match the angle of the motor? Sometimes it will tweak and pinch on the shaft. I never had much trouble getting mine out just getting back in. Hope this helps....

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:43 am 
Thanks,for all yalls help. I did finally get it pulled. I never seen anything like it! I did take out all the bolts on the pressure plate , but it has the pins in it to. So i couldnt get it apart inside the bell housing.Now there comes a time when all else fails, so ihooked a chain to the front of the engine , and backed my 79LUV up to it and gave it that good ol" LUV tap and woolaaa!..out it came! I took some pictures if anyone is enterested let me know , i well e-mail them to you....not quite sure how to put them on this message. THANKS again for all the advice. :lol: :) :) :) :D