LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:37 am 

Hello,

I’m new here. I think I have a 1977 Chevy luv sidestep. My brother purchased it in 2009 after graduation. My dad would drive it and pretty much since he was the only one who could make it run. He’d make his own parts or find stuff that worked. Currently has a Amit-freeze plastic container tide where the radiator reservoir tank should be. Now 2022 my dad moved and said it wouldn’t make it to Texas so he left it. My brother was ready to junk it. I asked if I could have it and now I’m going through this rabbit hole looking for parts.

The 1977 Chevy had baby 12 inch engine fan. It was so comical. It’s being replaced with a 16 inch or 18 inch tractor fan. I’ll see which one is best. I couldn’t find a close enough radiator so also ordered a tractor radiator too. It doesn’t have the original radiator. The carburetor is missing a piece and I’m afraid I’ll have to replace the whole thing. Inside car it’s missing a lot and needs a makeover. Missing windshield wipers, hoses, canister. I ordered a repair manual. I’m hoping it helps. I hope I can get the heat and ac working someday. Really tho right now I’m just hoping it passes smog.

But after 30 mins it overheats I think it’s because the fan is so tiny.
I’m in central California and even I need a 16inch fan or larger.

It has the original Isuzu engine. Manual 4 speed. Turning the wheel is very difficult.

Thank you in advance. I’m glad I found this community. I can’t wait to read all the fantastic information to help me restore this tiny truck.

Attachments:
IMG_0679.jpeg
IMG_0679.jpeg [ 292.96 KiB | Viewed 3460 times ]
IMG_0664.jpeg
IMG_0664.jpeg [ 2.76 MiB | Viewed 3460 times ]
IMG_0610.jpeg
IMG_0610.jpeg [ 1.77 MiB | Viewed 3460 times ]
IMG_0581.jpeg
IMG_0581.jpeg [ 3.03 MiB | Viewed 3460 times ]
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:47 am 
Addicted to LUV

Welcome

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:44 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Think about this way. That's the original fan and it worked. You're problem is somewhere else. Timing is wrong, thermostat is wrong or missing, radiator and or block is plugged, head gasket is blown, water pump is worn out, etc. There are so many other things that can cause overheating. I really don't think that that the original fan is the problem.