LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 80 luv idling very high
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:45 am 

I recently picked up a 1980 luv 4x4. Got it not running, but found a bad voltage regulator keep blowing the fuse. Replaced the voltage regulator and condenser. Now that it ran, it was running rough. I gave the carb a once over and it didn't seem to be an issue. After tinkering with it a few days some murkiness to the oil starts. Swap in a new head gasket, put everything back together, finish the half done smog delete. Fire it up and it sounds like its running full throttle. It doesn't sound erratic or anything just that once it starts it just revs higher and higher. I don't have a tach so I can't give numbers but after stepping on the gas it doesn't seem like its much off of full blast. I've tried adjusting the carb, but that hasn't helped, not positive I did that correctly however. From what I have found on here and from the shop manual, the egr pipe around the motor has been cut and plugged, the only lines connected run to the brake booster, the distributor, and the small canister on the back passenger side with everything else seems to be plugged. Any idea of where to look or what steps to take would be greatly appreciated.