LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:11 pm 

Hi. First time post. I'm located in Queanbeyan Australia (over the border from Canberra). I own a 1979 Isuzu KB40 C190
I've noticed a "weep" of diesel coming from the top of the injector pump where the third injector line nozzle goes into it.
My question is, what's underneath that nozzle? I'm assuming it's some sort of seal/O ring that's gone?
I've never taken the injectors at either end out & I don't want a spring or something flying across the shed, never to be found again.
Thanks for your time.
J.D.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:28 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Welcome. One of the diesel gurus will hopefully be by soon to answer your question. In the USA, we didn’t get diesels until 1981, and then they had the c220.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:57 am 

Thanks drummerforhire. I was just thinking I'll have to start looking for a drummer before I get too old.

Yeah, here in 1980 they became the Rodeo under the Holden (GM) badge and lost that beautiful LUV shape. Some of the Rodeos had C190's, some had C220's. Mine was actually a Japanese import. I'm no engineer, but both motors look very similar. Probably the same block bored out larger? The workshop manual I have has both motors in it.

J.D.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:53 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I've removed those lines (and the pump) on my C223, but I don't recall what kind of fitting it is. I'm almost positive there's not an o-ring. Those lines carry about 1,450 PSI. I'd try tightening it a bit. Your manual should have the torque specs.

Jack

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:13 pm 

Thanks for the info Jack.
I did think of tightening it, but it has two locking lugs on either side of the nut which are solid up against the nut & have not moved. So I figured if the lugs are solid how could the nut have rattled loose? But I'll definitely give it a nudge. I guess it only has to loosen a fraction, under all that pressure for it to weep.
I'm picking up a spare motor this Wednesday, which has a fuel pump on it. The engines on a stand which it will make it a bit easier for me to poke around it.
Cheers.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:06 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Jamie D wrote:
Thanks drummerforhire. I was just thinking I'll have to start looking for a drummer before I get too old.

Yeah, here in 1980 they became the Rodeo under the Holden (GM) badge and lost that beautiful LUV shape. Some of the Rodeos had C190's, some had C220's. Mine was actually a Japanese import. I'm no engineer, but both motors look very similar. Probably the same block bored out larger? The workshop manual I have has both motors in it.

J.D.

Yep here they got the square body in 1981. In 1983 they became the Isuzu pup.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:10 pm 
Addicted to LUV

drummerforhire wrote:
Jamie D wrote:

J.D.

Yep here they got the square body in 1981. In 1983 they became the Isuzu pup.

Actually, the P'up was introduced here in 1981, even while the same truck was being sold as the LUV.

Jack