LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: FNG
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:16 am 

So ahwile back I was in the market for a little stick shift truck and came across a 78’ Luv for cheap! Like dirt cheap, I thought I got a great deal. It’s all original sith 76k on the clock. I did not realize these trucks are a lifestyle. They remind me of the Johnny Cash song where he works at the Cadillac assembly plant and he has been stealing parts slowly throughout his career and he puts it together and each part is from a different model and year.....that sounds like a Luv once they are cleaned up.

I do enjoy it though!! It’s a little more difficult but fun. Mine came with a lot of backed wiring harness’s so I replaced the fuel relay so I could use the original fuel pump harness. Serviced the fuel system and ran new fuel lines. The guy before was a real dull blade so I ended having to recut #2 and #4 spark plug holes because the old ones were cross threaded. The radiator had a hole in it so I patched that. Put the Petronix distrubort on it. I’m gonna install their coil as well once I figure out fueling issues with a new Weber.
I do have plenty of stuff to fix like the seatbel/park brake sensor harness. The park brake cable is broke. And there is this weird OEM switch to the left side of the steering console.
I look forward to learning more from you guys!

Post subject: Re: FNG
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:26 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

The OEM switch to the left of the steering column, is that on the pedal assembly? If so, that's for the starter circuit so you HAVE to have the clutch pedal depressed for the starter to work. A handy safety feature to prevent accidental starts in gear.

Or are you talking about the panel with the headlight switch? If so, your mystery switch is aftermarket. There was never anything put there from the factory except the headlight switch.

Post subject: Re: FNG
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:32 am 

Weird.
The guy before me hacked a lot of stuff including the fuel pump harness maybe this was part of his last effort for the fuel pump? Good to know though so I’ll get it off of there!
Thank you!