LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: bent chassis?
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:54 pm 

my dad is giving me his 79 4x4 and somewhat matching trailer tomorrow. He has had it since the late 80's. It is a bit rough but for my needs it will be fine. About 13 years ago an alignment shop told him the frame was bent. Yet they did the alignment anyways. I think that's kinda shady. It was wrecked in the 90s and mangled the driver side fender and door. I'm just wondering if the frames on these bend easy. I looked at it and was surprised to see it was fully boxed. That and the fact i didnt see any stressing on it makes me think the shop was trying to fill some pockets. I've been searching on here for 3 days going all the way back to 06 with no mention of a bent frame. My dad still wants to take it to get the frame looked at even though he hasnt done anything with the truck in 10 years. I just dont want to drop 200 or so just for them to tell me nothing is wrong

any input would be great

Post subject: Re: bent chassis?
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:19 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I would be pretty surprised it would take a real hard hit to bend the frame like you said it is fully boxed and has 7 xmembers. But it happens I would have it checked and straightened out if it is worth it to you.
If it is bent up front it can affect the function of the torsion bars so your front suspension wouldn't be right. Definitely get it looked at

1993 Lexus SC400 my Daily
2004 Yamaha WR250F my new love in life
2016 Toyota Camry my girls ride