LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:31 pm 

Hi Guys,
Yesterday I installed my Pertronix swap and i couldn't get my truck to fire after.
The fuse keeps blowing to my fuel pump. It was blowing prior but not as often now it will blow as soon as the key is turned. If I turn the key just to on i hear it pump then I crank and pop!
Today I tried to put the points back in and now its still blowing what ground could I have messed up?
I also realized the fuel pump was wired to my resistor on the coil? Is it suppose to be?
There was a red wire going to a fuse wire and if i wire it directly to my battery the pump kicks on and my truck will fire up
The ground from the pump is wired directly to my battery.

Another wiring question i was figuring out the wires connected to my battery and i noticed a black one connected on the positive. Once I unplugged it i noticed it was to my ignition because it wouldn't crank is that suppose to be wired to my battery like that? It's hard to figure out the wiring someone else did! & These wiring diagrams confuse me....
Gone through about 10 fuses on the fuel pump slot so I need to figure out what it is don't want to melt my wiring!

Heres some pics of my coil / resistor I feel like that fuel pump wire shouldn't be wired to the resistor although I don't think thats causing the fuse to blow.

Appreciate the help guys!
I don't want to just take it to a mechanic to do it, I want to learn!

Attachments:
File comment: This is the power to my fuel pump currently.
Photo Dec 08, 2 49 43 PM.jpg
Photo Dec 08, 2 49 43 PM.jpg [ 1.89 MiB | Viewed 2330 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:37 pm 

This was the wire connected to the positive terminal, and i took it off and then my ignition didn't crank over. Is this suppose to be wired to the battery like this?

Attachments:
File comment: The black wire that gives power to my ignition its plugged directly on the positive terminal
Photo Dec 08, 2 48 21 PM copy.jpg
Photo Dec 08, 2 48 21 PM copy.jpg [ 1.8 MiB | Viewed 2329 times ]