LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 1979 Luv pickup
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:45 am 

Hey guys up till today i actually never even heard of a chevy luv pickup so i am looking for some info on them.

I am looking at buying a nice summer toy which is a 79 Luv pickup 4x4. It has a built 350 in it pushing 450 horse to the tires, new posi rear end with a new 4 speed in it. The body has no rust and no dents but a old paint job. He has a custom exhaust on it. The interior is completely original with minor wear and tear on it.

He is asking 5-6k for it. From what i can tell he has about 2k into the engine alone.

What do you guys think? Post any questions you have ill do my best to answer them.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: 1979 Luv pickup
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:52 am 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

Is this a completed project or a work in progress? If the latter are you competent to finish it to the stage you want?
It may not still be a working 4x4, it's near impossible to get a SBC oil pan & the front drive train to clear (especially the front driveshaft) & the "new" 4sp would need it's own transfer case. Even if somehow everything is connected the front drivetrain is extremely weak to handle that much power.
For better advice as to the value you really need to post lots of pictures & more details on how the mods were done. Also your location will effect value. A lot depends on what you want, working 4x4 or 2wd tire burner.