LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:35 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Hey there all, My current tires are bald and the wheels are just ugly to begin with. I was wondering if people could shoot me some suggestions as far as different wheel and tire combinations that would look good on my truck. (include wheel brand/model/size and a suitable tire) The current wheels are 17" and the truck is a longbed 79 at stock height.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:25 pm 

On my Luv I have some old-school looking Slot Mags, and I personally dig the way they look, I am not sure where you can get a similar set.

Also I have a spare set of rims that came with my Luv when I bought em, the tread is bad but the rims are cool Ill toss up a pic of a comparable set of rims if you're interested, your tag said you live in Portland, I'm just a ways North in Washington.

I should note that both sets of mine are 15" Rims. The ones I'm willing to pass off are 6" wide.
Attachment:
File comment: The spare set look like these. Just with the Luv lug pattern
Centerlines.jpg
Centerlines.jpg [ 6.62 KiB | Viewed 4587 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:20 pm 

I'm using stock chevy 1500 wheels. They are 17"x7.5 wheels. I warped them in the smallest tire that would fit a 205x40R17. That small of tire is smaller than the stock tire so it sits 1/2" lower all around. My truck is lowerd 3" all around so that gives you an idea of fitment in the wheel wells.

The stock steal wheels are easy to find and cheap. I picked mine up for $50 sold the content caps for $40 and iv got the TPM sensors for sale as well so I'll end up making $ for getting the wheels.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:40 am 

skervey35 wrote:
I'm using stock chevy 1500 wheels. They are 17"x7.5 wheels. I warped them in the smallest tire that would fit a 205x40R17. That small of tire is smaller than the stock tire so it sits 1/2" lower all around. My truck is lowerd 3" all around so that gives you an idea of fitment in the wheel wells.

The stock steal wheels are easy to find and cheap. I picked mine up for $50 sold the content caps for $40 and iv got the TPM sensors for sale as well so I'll end up making $ for getting the wheels.

I'm curious to see what that looks like.....would you care to post a pic of your Luv?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:19 am 
Addicted to LUV

Chevy-Luv wrote:
I'm curious to see what that looks like.....would you care to post a pic of your Luv?

Something is wrong with your computer or device. The photo is in his post, and it's in your quote of his post. Maybe you can't see photobucket images (I hate it, myself).

Jack

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:31 am 

JoeIsuzu wrote:
Chevy-Luv wrote:

Something is wrong with your computer or device. The photo is in his post, and it's in your quote of his post. Maybe you can't see photobucket images (I hate it, myself).

Jack

Maybe it's my computer, I will try when I get home in a few......thanks I didn't even realize it was there.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:39 am 
Addicted to LUV

Op I keep seeing your truck driving around. I'm down at the Randall children's hospital the last almost 2 weeks have seen you 5-6 times. About ran ya down to check out your truck

1993 Lexus SC400 my Daily
2004 Yamaha WR250F my new love in life
2016 Toyota Camry my girls ride

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:19 am 

I have stock Isuzu trooper steelies on my luv. Gonna be switching over to some 215/70/15 cooper cobras soon.