LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: New Luv 79
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:46 pm 

Hello, I'm looking at a 79 2wd Luv long bed with a rebuilt 1.8, bed is pretty rusted with some other small rust issues around the body, otherwise the body is very straight and no sign of accidents, dents or major issues, all the chrome is intact and in good condition. It's missing the smog pump and maybe needs the carb rebuilt or at least tuned up. Needs new bushings all around and probably new shocks and leaf springs. Also dash is as good as scrap. It starts right up and runs pretty good on the road sounds fine but I haven't driven an old car in several years so I'm probably not the best test driver for it. I'll have a mechanic I know look it over before I buy it but i'm looking for some advice. The guy wants 1700.00 for it I can probably talk him down but what's a good price for a truck like this? I'll try to get some pictures. thanks.

Attachments:
luv 2.jpg
luv 2.jpg [ 1.12 KiB | Viewed 1690 times ]
luv 1.jpg
luv 1.jpg [ 36.3 KiB | Viewed 1690 times ]
 Post subject: Re: New Luv 79
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:29 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I think this truck is in California. If you plan on registering it in Ca again then the law states that the seller must provide a smog cert unless the buyer waives this. These trucks have a very bad track record with carbs being rebuilt, a small percentage ever get them correct. The smog pumps I think can be bought from NAPA, check on it first. If this truck is staying in Ca I would be very cautious with it. My personal thought is that a LUV that needs smog, parts are missing and the seller won't smog is it's a $500 car at best, unless there are some great parts in it.