LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: New
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:55 pm 

I Just picked up the 1977 chevy luv featured on the cover of mini trucker magazine in 1977. I will be posting pics hopefully soon of the magazine cover as well as current pictures of the shape it's in after making its way from California And sitting for 20 years in the outskirts of Philly in Levittown p.a at the original owners house until I got my hands on it and brought it the 5 1/2 hour trip to my home in upstate ny. I hope to find friends on here that can help in my quest to make this California step side luv into a modern day recreation of its original form (paint job) with a modern twist ( 383 stroker ) under the hood. Anyone that can point me in the right direction of motor mounts or an explanation of how easy/ difficult it is for the conversion to a v8 would be great. The engine and trans will be up for grabs as soon as I get them out the motor that is in it rolls freely and is not set up but is not in running condition and the trans is unknown as it's sat for 20 years.

Post subject: Re: New
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:10 am 
Addicted to LUV

There are a few ways to go for mounts. http://Www.powerbyace.com has mounts. Hooker headers make mounts, not sure on the availability new for them but sometimes they come up for sale here. To get them new if available check with jegs or summit. Be warned if you want headers the power by ace headers won't work with the hooker set up and visa versa. Power by ace is a bolt on, hooker is a weld in. Myself and others make our own mount set ups. If you look around the site you can see what you will need for a radiator. If you plan on good power from your engine plan on replacing the rear end. Some use GM 10 bolts, 12 bolts, Ford 9 inch, 8.8 rear ends, plenty of options, some require cutting down the length, a couple do not. As far as how hard the work is, if you are mechanically inclined it's not too bad.