LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:00 am 

Ok so I have a built 350 running and hei set up on it and I know this is bad to do and "stupid" and can hurt the motor ect ect but here's the deal... I wanna put flamethrower exhaust on the truck lol problem is all the premade kits r bullsh*t and cost way to much,,, I know how to make the old school ones with the old school round tubular coil off the motor to dual tubular coils in the rear,,,,,, but I don't know how to do the hei type set up. If anyone has any ideas of how I can make the old school set up work with hei that would be great! I've attached a diagram on the old school way of making them. My idea was to remove coil negative on the hei and run the wires the same way u would to the old school coil???????? U know like just run the neg to the C- wire on the hei like how u would run it normally to the coils negative???? Would this work?????? Any input would be great! And please remember I already know its bad for the motor so no need to remind me about engine washing and rings blah blah blah lol :lol:

Attachments:
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 34.17 KiB | Viewed 1739 times ]