LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: bad trade
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:07 am 

I traded 1970 vw that I replaced floor pans and heater channels,and other rusted out parts,for 1976 luv.
should have checked floor in luv,both sides extensive rust.let set behind shop for 3 years,tried to crank her 3 weeks ago,wouldn"t get fuel.checked on carb kit,most places wanted to seel me weber carb,said mine couldn"t be rebuilt.
bought carb kit,cleaned and blowed out everything,removed all electric choke.put back together works great,but electric
fuel cutoff will lose power when sits for a few days.Also front brakes or bearing are tight after sitting,need to fix.I"m over the road truck driver(own my own truck)so don"t get a lot of time for projects.will try to posts some pix.later.Don"t know if to keep luv and restore or sell it. :econfused

Post subject: Re: bad trade
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:40 pm 
Addicted to LUV

wdw140 wrote:
I traded 1970 vw that I replaced floor pans and heater channels,and other rusted out parts,for 1976 luv.
should have checked floor in luv,both sides extensive rust.let set behind shop for 3 years,tried to crank her 3 weeks ago,wouldn"t get fuel.checked on carb kit,most places wanted to seel me weber carb,said mine couldn"t be rebuilt.
bought carb kit,cleaned and blowed out everything,removed all electric choke.put back together works great,but electric
fuel cutoff will lose power when sits for a few days.Also front brakes or bearing are tight after sitting,need to fix.I"m over the road truck driver(own my own truck)so don"t get a lot of time for projects.will try to posts some pix.later.Don"t know if to keep luv and restore or sell it. :econfused

they are fun little trucks to drive when they are running. the weber carbs make a very noticable difference in power and the stock one isn't worth rebuilding to begin with. arguably the worst things about the stock luv is the carb.
a v6 or v8 swap would be reasonable if you need to do work on the floor anyway and wanted to make it way more fun to drive :twisted: if it was to be a commuter for when your at home the stock motor does great and saves a lot of gas.

i love my luv... they tend to grow on you...

1993 Lexus SC400 my Daily
2004 Yamaha WR250F my new love in life
2016 Toyota Camry my girls ride