LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Formal LUV meet anyone?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 9:54 am 
da LUV masta

Hey everyone! Well I thought I would try to get your input on the site assembling some sort of LUV truck meet somewhere. We are not talking something next month, more like a year or so from now so all will have time to plan for it. Right now we have no certain ideas on where to hold the meet, most likely it will take place in California or somewhere on the west coast that has decent weather. It will also most likely be tacked onto a larger event but we are open to ideas! Exactly where it would be held is still up in the air, we talked about maybe super chevy but we all know how crowded those events get. If you know of any auto events that are not hammered with millions of people these are the type of events that would be attractive I think. There is also the "power tour" concept where we would just drive around a few states, but I myself don't really prefer these, for multiple reasons. My preference is we meet at a dragstrip with a large pit area for hanging out and just shooting the shit. We would likely want to make the event a two day event or maybe a three day weekend type event for those that have to travel a long distance. I myself am already considering the thought of trailering my truck several hundred miles, and it would be nice to have a day or so to relax before driving back. Let us know what you think, Thanks!

---------------------------------------------
63 Nova
74 Camaro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 12:05 pm 

GREAT IDEA! I would be supportive of some sort of event to get the group together. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 1:12 pm 
I think the best place would be in the middle of the US like Topeka Kansas that way people on the East Coast can come too!!!!! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 7:13 pm 
Feel the Steel

luv2gofast wrote:
I think the best place would be in the middle of the US like Topeka Kansas that way people on the East Coast can come too!!!!! :P

Topeka has nothing to do with you living in Kansas, does it???? :o
I was thinking more like Denver!!!! :D
Anyway, would be cool but I doubt my truck will be back on the road anytime soon, plus I only get about 7 MPG with the stock rear end and a 12 gallon tank.

RIP R.J.B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 10:41 pm 
sounds great i know irwindalespeedway rents the track to groups, that could be a posibility,or maybe bakersrfield race track, there is a track
in fallion nevada also, then we could gamble too!!!

Post subject: luv meeting
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 4:18 pm 
i think a chevy luv meet would b great and if we get enough of all of them together maybe we can just crash a chevy show or something topeaka kansas or the state of missouri would be great im driving my chey luv its to nice to trailer i like driving it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 8:16 pm 
da LUV masta

Now Bakersfield sounds nice, I like that track, I wonder what it costs to rent a track out? I was hoping to make the meet as cheap as possible to help lessen the financial burden for travel and lodging expenses. And who's stopping us from having a west coast, midwest, and west coast meets? We just need people to organize each sector, and we need lots of LUV trucks to make the meets interesting. Also for some of you that have your truck down or in the "hanger queen" state (like mine is rapidly approaching!) we are talking a year or more out. I don't think we want to organize a big LUV meet so soon since the site has only been up for a little over a month, we need to give everyone time to find us and hook up. So keep the suggestions for locations coming, and any "rent the place" costs, or any other info you can muster, like what some good shows are to crash, etc.

63 Nova
74 Camaro

Post subject: formal luv meeting
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 4:58 am 
hey little trucks should start with little meets, each state all the luv drivers should meet chat form a club and find there on little meeting places. then after that a tri-state meet maybe and so on and so on i live in iowa. eastern part. but i would rather go to some place like michigan or minnosata. and start our own luv fest truck show then drive all the way to bakerfield ca. where i wouldnt know jack about the state and would have it seems only cali luv drivers there and still would have the long drive home. so my suggestion is take your state pick a park. pick a date post it all in here and have drivers in the area or surrounding states show up it isnt expensive, a couple of big grills plenty of cold drinks. maybe some competition or games of some sort. and plenty of pics. it might be small the first year. but at the same time you organize it with volunteers for the following year. and one day you look and its a full blown luv truck fest with sponsors helping out. like i said i live in iowa i got a 4x4 chevy luv and im wanting to meet others around me close for get togethers and story swapping and parts finding thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 10:40 am 
Ok Yes I do live in Kansas.

Just an idea!!!

My dad has 25 acres of land, it would cost nothing to have a show there. Bring tents or campers. Free Lodging. We could all get together and have a huge bar-b-que. There is the food part pitch a little have a lot. There are a few draw backs though,there is no electricity so when it gets dark it gets dark, it is a grass field so if it is windy it will be dusty and the land is out in the boonies. But again it is free. With enough advertisement people would come. Again it is just a thought. :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 7:47 pm 
Feel the Steel

Hope you didn't think I was coming across harsh on ya (I thrive on sarcasm!!)?? I knew what you were implying, just my strange sense of humor. Kansas is pretty central. I actually tried going to Topeka for Super Chevy in 93 (pic on my webpage) but got chased back to Colorado by Torandoes and hail!!! Was kind of scary!! Super Chevy mag coverage of the show said Saturday was pretty bad weather wise there but Sunday was incredible. I wish there were a lot more custom LUV owners out there, I think we are a pretty small group. I would love to know how many LUV are still registed to be driven. I see probaly less than 1 a month on the road here in Denver. Makes mine more special to me!

RIP R.J.B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 2:18 pm 
Addicted to LUV

i like the idea of a state by state meet
i live in southren ohio and there isnt very many LUV's left around here
mine was the best looking one around (and thats SAD!!!) till i blew the timing chain and bent every intake valve it had

All I need is my weed, women, and wine. -Edge City Outlaws

Post subject: luv meet
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 8:15 pm 
I hope everybody figures out where were going to have this soon, because i have along tow, Unless were in the Northwest.LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 4:33 pm 
da LUV masta

I think pootie might be on the right track with the "regional" concept, since that's essentially what the gang in Southern Cali. did last month. As time progresses and more LUV people "hook up" I think this will be a reality for small regional meets. We just need to kapp track of where everyone is and try to group people together into 'regions' so to speak.

63 Nova
74 Camaro

Post subject: Luv truck meets
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 10:56 pm 
Lets keep everything in its own region for now :D This might take a while to get all of us together.Good things come to those who wait. :D